Chapter 25: Xanny

Start from the beginning

"She's already upstairs with her and Mila is still asleep. You can calm down, it's alright, Laur," I spoke calmly, hoping to have Lauren calm back down, seeing as she was already starting to panic again.

Lauren sighed, holding her head in her hands once more, "I'm sorry."

"Hey, never apologize for something like this. It's stressful, you're valid in feeling that way. It happens," I told Lauren, facing her towards me, moving her hair out of her face.

She nodded, "Okay."

"Good," I responded softly, allowing Lauren to rest her head back on my shoulder to finish calming down.

I looked up at the sound of the back door sliding open to see Ally coming outside, "Hey, Dinah was worried about Laur. Is she okay?"

I gave her a small smile, Lauren looking up at Ally in acknowledgment of her presence.

Ally POV

I gave Laur a sympathetic smile when I saw her bloodshot eyes and tear stains on her cheeks. I could tell she had been crying.

I sat down next to her, "You alright?"

"Is Dinah still with Camz?" She asked me anxiously.

I nodded without hesitation, "I just checked on them, Camila is still sleeping and Dinah is making sure she stays perfectly safe." Lauren nodded, letting out a shaky breath.

I noted Lauren's severely anxious state and looked over at Dems, "Did she have a panic attack?"

Demi nodded, "Yeah, but now we're just sitting out here and she's calming down."

"Aww, Lo. Everything will work itself out. Do you want a hug?" I offered. Lauren nodded bashfully and I welcomed her into my embrace.

She sighed, "I I think I just want to sleep," she spoke quietly.

"Okay, Laur. Want us to come inside with you?" Demi asked. Lauren shook her head, standing up.

"I love you guys," she spoke.

"We love you too" Demi and I responded in unison. She gave us a weak smile and headed inside, closing the door behind her.

I sighed, "Should we be worried about Laur? I kinda am."

"It's reasonable. Laur is used to being in control of Camila's safety as well as her own emotions and this whole situation is putting all of that in jeopardy. I'm just gonna make sure I keep an eye out for her," Demi explained.

"Yeah, you're right," I responded.

Lauren POV

I went straight up to my room and into my bathroom, locking the door behind me. I searched underneath the sink in the cupboards for the bag of Xanax I kept under there, relieved when I finally stumbled across it. I took out three of the yellow-colored bars, popped them, and washed them down with a mouthful of water. I left the bathroom, seeing Dinah on the bed with Camz beside her, sleeping.

"Hey, Laur. How do you feel?" I shrugged, climbing into the bed next to Dinah and getting situated under the covers.

She rolled over to face me, "Are you okay?"

Dinah POV

I searched Lauren's eyes for answers after she shrugged in response to my question about her well-being.

"Do you need anything?" I asked her softly.

She thought for a moment before quietly responding, "Can you stay in here with Camz and me tonight?"