004 : feelin' the blues

Start from the beginning

Her life consisted of three things; crying and wallowing to herself about her failed personal life, making music about said failed personal life, and surrounding herself with friends and family in an attempt to make said failed personal life a tad better. It needed to change, and soon, if Scarlett were to ever move on from the past that haunted her like a personal ghost.

A knock to the front door snapped Scarlett out from her wayward thinking, shaking off the dark, repressive thoughts and shifting them to the back of her mind, trodding down the staircase to open the door which presented a thinner version of the man she last saw on Boxing Day last year.

"You need to eat." Scarlett pointed out, her thoughts controlling her speech. Tom stifles an awkward laugh, scratching his neck and revealing his hand to a bunch of purple chrysanthiams, Scarlett's favourite flower in her favourite colour.

"Can I come in?" Tom asks sheepishly, and Scarlett wanted to say no, as she still hadn't  come to a decision about giving her relationship with Tom another go, but she missed him so but it was sore on her heart, so she reluctantly nodded her head and stepped aside so Tom could walk through the door, looking around the home that he had only recognised as Oliver's, but now it belonged to Scarlett, too.

"Oh - these are for you." Tom finally reveals for Scarlett (who noticed them all along), and she smiles sheepishly, taking them with the slightest bit of happiness, finding a vase in the kitchen and fixing them in there with water.

"Thanks, you didn't have to."

"Ah, well I reckon you need some cheering up. This usually did it back in the day." Tom shrugged, but pride radiated in him that the flowers had given off some form of welfare, no matter how small it was.

"So, why are you here? I haven't made my mind up yet about us-"

"No, no. Nothing like that. Just as friends. Like how it was a couple of years back." Tom reassures Scarlett, as they sat together on the grey sofa sat in the living room, the distance between them greater than usual, saddening Tom.

"You knew I would need someone here with me, didn't you?" Scarlett sighs, deflating even further than she felt before Tom had even come; people knew she was struggling, and she couldn't be trusted by herself.

"Look, you need to have a shoulder to cry on-" Tom begins, but Scarlett interjects, her emotion taking over.

"No! I need to be by myself, to wallow in my own pain-"

"Scarlett, you wallowed in so much self pity that it made everyone else hate you. You need to accept your mental state and try to get better." Tom firmly finishes, and a sudden realisation comes to Scarlett, her selfish wallowing and sadness isolating herself from everyone, when all she needed really, was to better herself.

"Yeah, I - I realise that now." Scarlett gulps, biting her lip, feeling the tears well her eyes and Tom sighs, pulling her into him as she cried softly into his chest, the muffled sound of the sobs echoing in the room.

"Do you hate me?" Scarlett sits up to look up at Tom, her hand placed on his chest, reminding herself of when they first ran away, Scarlett drowning herself in her endless tears trying to cope with the sudden acceptance that her fiancé never loved her at all.

Tom shakes his head vigourously, chuckling almost, "The day will never come. I love you too much, Scar."

Scarlett nods, the glee taking over, hugging her best friend tight, her arms firm around his neck, and it was gladly reciprocated by Tom, the two finally reconnecting once more, but not as the spouses they signed themselves to be seven years ago. It made Tom frown, but at least he got close to Scarlett again. It killed him not to be.

𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔪

♡ liked by zendaya , tomholland2013 , bluebird and 4,217,958 others

liked by zendaya , tomholland2013 , bluebird and 4,217,958 others

@scarlettcabello: new shit lets goooo ☁️
tagged: @tomholland2013

SEE ALL COMMENTS...

@username: excuse me? tom?
ϟ @username2: boyfriend prompted summat huh 🤧

@zendaya: rah u go girl
ϟ @scarlettcabello: rah uno ur my girl 😚

@olivecoren: you being productive makes me so proud. glad ur up n about 🖤🖤
ϟ @scarlettcabello: luh u 🖤🖤

@username3: but i thought her and tom weren't talking??

@username4: talk about a complicated relationship
ϟ @scarlettcabello: tell me abt it hun

⋆。˚  ✩

talk about complications ! also i had a half day today so i got sooo much done and am ready to publish like 5 but lol would u want that? talk abt a spam 🤧💀