"Run!" She yelled, shoving Laura ahead of her and towards the door.

Cracks began to spread on the ceiling, webs of danger sprinting across the concrete. Dust and pebbles dropped around their heads, foreshadowing what was about to happen next. The walls began to give up on themselves, hunching down as they broke into pieces. The cries from behind them told Lexa it was already too late for the prisoners.

"Keep going!" Lexa yelled, pulling her towards the door. At that moment, Lexa's armour slipped from her arms. Lexa almost reached for it, to pick it up and keep running. But her footsteps faltered as a wall collapsed on top of it. She heard the crunch of metal as it was destroyed below the concrete. The  dust lifted from the ground and darted into her eyes, causing her to stumble back and continue to push Laura to the exit.

They both stumbled to the door, both gasping to take in the fresh air. Clouds of dust rolled from the doorway behind them, and then the building gave up completely. It caved in on itself, falling to the ground.

"Your armour... you sash... Commander I'm so sorry." Laura rushed to say, still in a state of shock. Lexa shook her head.

"Don't worry about that now. Do you have your gun?" Lexa asked, taking the swords from her.

Laura nodded and held out her palm containing the tin of Lexa's warpaint "I'm not sure how old this is now but... I thought you might want to use this."

Lexa's lips curved ever so slightly at the consideration. She reached for the tin "Thank you" she said.

Applying her warpaint, Lexa looked for Clarke. She watched as she pushed Lincoln away from her, face flush and body tense. She looked angry. She snatched her rifle from the ground and propped it against her shoulder, firing a shot that landed directly between the eyes of a gunman. Her bullets didn't seize, even as the army began to charge towards them, tearing down the walls to meet in the middle.

"I guess that's our queue to help them?" Laura raised an eyebrow at Lexa.

"Yes." Came the response. She reached across and gripped her forearm "Thank you for coming back for me, Laura"

The other brunette smiled "I mean... we could do with a little help here" she said then frowned "not that I wouldn't have came back for you if we didn't. That's not what I meant-"

"I know" Lexa cut her off. Glancing over her shoulder, she spotted the army breaking through the fences and walls, charging towards her people between rages of gunfire. She gave Laura one last respectful nod before taking off towards the thickness of the battle.

With all of Lexa's experience, the beginning of this battle in particular was much less bloody that most. Usually, at the very start of a battle, more blood is shed then than any other part. Warriors were more blood thirsty, they were more fuelled with energy. The first few men to collide with the opposing side almost always died instantly. So when she spotted Clarke stood at the very front, aiming down her scope at the oncoming warriors, her heart almost skipped a beat.

They were charging mercilessly, taking bullets to the chest and still continuing onwards. She pushed herself to run faster, dodging through flying arrows and bullets feeling lighter and more coordinated without her armour. She glanced down to jump over a body, lifting her head to look back to Clarke.

She grew closer, and before she knew it, she was colliding with warriors, swords slashing and tearing their blood from their bodies.
_________________________
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()