Hey, Brock

Caitlyns Perspective

   The final bell rang throughout the halls and students began to flood out of classrooms. Tyler and I walked to my locker, where Jade, Tasha, Trevor and Sam were waiting. "Heyy. So since some of us drove separately, let's all just ride to our own houses, get our clothes and maybe some night clothes. My mom's out and obviously we are going to have some alcohol so we might wanna just stay at Tasha's" Jade made a fair point and we all nodded, hugged and agreed to meet back at Tasha's in an hour.

  I called my brother as I reached my vehicle, making sure he had a ride home. "Yeah I'm riding with Colby and his mom." He said then hung up. I was a little confused because I had no clue Colby was friends with Jasper, which kind of relieved me a bit because I thought Colby was a loner, and I hate when people don't have friends.

  "Alright yeah he has a ride, hop up front Ty." I laughed as Tyler jumped from the back to the front and instantly grabbed the auxiliary cord and plugged it into his iPhone.

  "Whatcha wanna hear, bae? " He laughed and let one arm hang out the window.

  "Doesn't matter to me." I laughed a bit, then continued. "Although I'm kind of in a Shawn Mendes mood though."

  "Yess girl, hold on. " Tyler searched my favorite song by Shawn, causing me to smile at his choice. "You have to sing!"

I slightly hummed at first until Tyler started singing lowly, trying to encourage me to sing.

  "How many times can I see your face? How many times will you walk away? I just have to let you knowwwwww. " I paused to see Tyler smiling. "I'm not trying to start a fire with this flame, but I'm worried that your heart might feel the same. And I have to be honest with you baby, tell me if I'm wrong, if this is crazy. But I got you this rose, and I need to know.. will you let it die or let it grow" I continued to sing until the song ended and just looked towards Ty, to see his jaw on the floor.

  "Come on Cait, how come you don't sing in front of the guys. It's amazing." Tyler attempted to sway my thoughts on singing, failing.

  "I just get shy, bae. Just play some more music. " I chuckled as I continued to drive. Tyler let out a very dramatic sigh, causing me to giggle. "It's okay, Ty!" I kept laughing until he decided to play a song I could never resist. As the beginning of the song played throughout my car, I held back from bursting into lyrics. Although I gripped the steering wheel so tight my knuckles began turning pale.

  I couldn't hold it in any longer as the chorus played, "So throw me..throw me a lifeline baby, say that I'm really sorry. Pick up the phone..and show me, show me you really want me. Hold me, love me, need me, I don't wanna make this climb.." By this point, Tyler was staring in awe at me. I knew I could sing a little bit but I think Ty was just being a bit nice.

  " Bae, that was FAB ! " He nudged my shoulder lightly as we pulled into my driveway.

  "No it wasssssnntttt. I just couldn't resist. You know that. Anyways, I believe your muscle tee and red bottoms are in my room anyways from last time you stayed." I jumped topics as I turned my vehicle off, and noticed my brother was here with Colby, which took me by surprise. Colby's mother turned out the driveway and sped down the road.

  "Hey goof! " Jasper shouted towards me as he laughed, causing me to smile. "This is Colby!"

  "I know!" Just then, Colby turned and looked at me, with a bruised nose and band aid on his forehead. "Tyler hurry up!" I turned back to see Tyler just now getting out my mustang.

  "Don't rush me Cait." he laughed. I looked back towards Jasper and Colby, seeing Colby smile at me. I've never seen him smile, or even grin.

  "What are y'all doing for the night?" I asked Jasper, hoping he was going to stay in a good mood. Jasper unlocked the door, then turned to me.