First Day

Caitlyn's Perspective

*beep beep beep*

   I awoke to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. Hitting the off button, I slid over to my side and looked towards it. 6:17. It read the time, and I knew I had to get up. It was the first day of my senior year, and I usually hate school but it's the last year, new approach or whatever.

    I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes and then stretching my arms. I didn't want to leave my comfortable bed, but I could already hear my mothers footsteps coming to wake me up. As she entered my room with a smile, she spoke up. "Good morning, honey. I already have breakfast cooked. Jasper still has to shower so be quick, love." And with that, she was out, without giving me time to respond. I took that as my cue to get up and shower.

   I walked into the bathroom and pulled a new towel out of the cabinet, and hung it on the rack. Peeling my tights and hoodie off, I was left in just my undergarments. I looked in the mirror, I had gotten a tan, and I managed to lose a few pounds from my summer weight.

   I removed my panties and bralette, turning on the hot water. Letting my hair out of its bun, I stepped in and let the hot water pellets hit my back and run down my body. I quickly washed my hair, washed myself and shaved before hearing my twin brother knock on the door. "Hurry up, Cait! I have to shower too!" Hearing his deep voice, I turned off the water and stepped onto the small carpeting, grabbing my towel and wrapping it around my body.

   Grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste, I turned the water on and brushed my teeth. After about 3 minutes, I sipped some water and cleaned my brush, setting it back where it once was. My brother knocked, once again and I unlocked the door. He stared at me, rather weirdly might I add.

  I brushed it off, although. I walked into my bedroom, locking my door behind me. Standing in front of my closet, I could find a cute outfit for the first day back. I had plenty of cute outfits, but I couldn't find a perfect one until I seen my magenta and white striped halter top. I quickly grabbed it, skipped towards my dresser and pulled out black panties, a pink Victoria Secret matching bra, and slipped them on. Looking into another drawer, I found perfect distressed jet black cut off shorts, perfect with the shirt.

  I put the outfit on, trying to decide my shoes. I finally just gave into my sandle section, and chose my knee high strappy sandles. Knowing my school has a bitchy dress code, I pulled out my thin black cardigan to throw over my top. By that time, 7:24, I had time to finish blow drying that last bit of my hair that needed to be done.

  After finishing my hair, which I ended up putting into french braids, I pulled out my makeup bag from the top drawer of my desk. I usually spend time on my makeup but today I kind of just wanted to do some basics, so I dampened my beauty blender and applied my liquid foundation, concealer, and powder. Quickly, I outlined and filled in my freshly waxed eyebrows, which were done yesterday. I applied concealer underneath and above them to clean them up, because obviously they need to be snatched.

  It took me a few moments to decide if I wanted to wear eyeliner or not, so I decided not to and just applied a thin layer of mascara to my long lashes, after curling them. I quickly applied setting spray to my face.  Swiping on a quick layer of lipgloss and grabbed my bookbag and swung it onto my bag. Slipping my makeup bag, iphone, charger, earbuds, chapstick, and my comb into my purse, I set it on my table. I quickly applied deoderant, perfume, and a pair of hoops, I decided I was ready to go.

  Grabbing my purse, I jogged down the stairs and gragged my keys off the counter. "Bye Mom, I'm leaving early, stopping to get Tyler! I love you. Jasper come on!" I raised my voice to let them know I was leaving. Jasper came scrambling down the hall in ripped black skinnies and a Pink Floyd shirt, hair still dripping. "Come on, loser." I stiffled back a laugh as he glared.