Meanwhile *BONUS CHAPTER*

Start from the beginning

“And no more moping and pouting?” Sota added.

“No more! No more!” Shippo said hopping up to reach the out of reach candy.

“Okay then little guy. Here you go.” Sota said handing over the solid goodness.

Shippo gasped on to the candy and instantly wrapped his entire mouth around it. He sat down in a sugary blissfulness and didn’t make any sounds except for the occasional, “Mmmhhh.”

Sota gave a chuckle that lit his face up-half way.He watched Shippo, enjoying the little fox demon but yet his mind was still plagued with the lose of Kagome yet again.

“Sota.” I said grabbing his attention.

“Sango?” He asked as he walked over and sat next to me.

“You look so much like her.” I said studying his face trying to find differences between him and her.

“You think so? I think Kagome looks more like our mom and I look more like grandpa.” He said giving a light chuckle. His eyes were still sad.

“She will come back.” I said placing a hand on his shoulder to offer comfort.

“I know.” He said, but it didn’t look nor sound like he believed it.

Slllluuurrrrpppppppp!!!!!

“Shippo!” I said, scolding the little demon for his manners. He was laid on the floor the stick to the lollipop resting in his hands no longer attached to the sugary candy.

“Thank you, Sota.” Shippo said sitting up and perking up.

“No problem.Kagome keeps ton laying around here.” Sota said smiling at the little orange fellow.

“No, I mean thanks for being so nice and for being here. With you here I just know that she will come back. She has to.” Shippo said, his voice wavering.

“Kagome will come back for all of us. She loves me, you, Sango,Miroku, Kaede, Kirara, and the entire village. She just needs time that’s all.” He said. As he said the words his eyes became less sad and his face brighten just a tad bit.

“Yeah, she just needs some time to figure things out.” I added. “She’ll come back to us.”

Sota gave me a smile and I gave him one back.

“Sota does look alot like Kagome too. Next lollipop, please?” Shippo requested.

“No problem little guy.” Sota said getting up to retrieve another. He grabbed the whole back and walked back. Shippo’s eyes twinkled with joy.

“Here you go.” Sota said handing Shippo one more much smaller lollipop.

“Hey! No fair!This is smaller!” Shippo complained, pouting again.

“Ah, ah, ah.” Sota tisked. “Remember you promised. No more pouting.” Sota said smiling.

“Fine. I’ll just get a bigger one later then.” Shippo said sticking his tongue out.

“Good luck. I’m going to hid the bag!” Sota declared as he made his way to the door. Shippo watched on in disbelief as Sota left to hide the rest of the sugary treats.

“I like Kagome better.” Shippo stated, popping the candy into his mouth and turning his nose up.

I gave a giggle.

“Oh, Shippo.”