I slide down beside him, bringing my knees up to my chest. "You can't be serious."

"It's true, at least you can fully control your wolf and your vamp sometimes listens to you. Mine argue all the time, it's a miracle if they even agree on something." He huffs, picking at the hem of his t-shirt. "How good of a leader will I be if my beasts can't even agree on something and rage instead?"

"We'll get through it." I sigh, resting my head on his shoulder.

"We're the Romanovs, we can do anything!" He mocks in a girly voice, fist pumping the air.

"You're such an idiot!" I shove him, squealing when he puts me in a headlock and ruins my wavy hair. "My hair!"

"My hair!" He attempts to imitate me in a high-pitched voice, snickering at the sight of me when he lets me go.

"Ivan Romanov, I told you to clean your room three hours ago!" We hear our mother shout from outside, my brother's grin dropping instantly.

We make our way to the door and peek to see her standing by the treeline, a fierce glare in her eyes as she stares at my brother. He groans and yanks me back inside. A loud yelp escapes me when my head hits off the wooden wall, making me rub the sore spot and grumble under my breath angrily.

"Five bucks if you do it for me." He turns to me with a pleading expression.

"No way!"

"Please, Ayla!" He begs, pulling out the note and waving it around.

"Make it ten." I cross my arms with a smirk.

"No way! I'm saving up for a video game, I need the other five!" He frowns, growing panicked when our mom threatens to come up here.

"Fine." I mutter, needing the five dollars so that I have enough to buy more paint supplies from the store.

"Yes, I owe you!" He hugs me tightly before handing me the money and disappearing down the ladder.

Smiling softly at his antics, I climb down the ladder and head towards them. My mom stares at him suspiciously as he falsely promises to clean up right away. I shrug innocently when she looks at me, making her shake her head with a heavy sigh.

"You two are going to be the death of me someday." She mutters, tucking me into her side as we walk back towards the house.

***

"Vee, dinner's...shit..." I trail off, my eyes widening when I notice my thirteen year old sister.

"It is? But I'm so hungry!" She whines, pouting at me.

"Forget that! What did you do to your hair?!" I yell in astonishment, staring at her brown hair that's dyed a bright orange.

"I just wanted to try it out!" She defends herself, avoiding my eyes. "I didn't know it was going to do...this!"

"Did you even read the instructions? Mom's going to kill you." I mutter, reading the back of the box of dye.

"I know, help me Lala!"

"Don't. Call. Me. That!" I glower, turning to her. "There's nothing we can do, it's going to take a few washes to come out."

"Do you think they'll notice when we go downstairs?" She worries her bottom lip, her stormy grey eyes filled with panic.

"No, of course they won't notice that your hair is ginger." I mock sarcastically, chuckling when she groans dramatically. "Let's go."