Chapter 2 // Us

Kara slowly makes her way to her apartment. When she opens the door it doesn't move. So she slowly moves her glasses down and x-rays the room. Not hers? Her phone suddenly rings some random song plays. So she quickly grabs it and read the caller ID 'Lena <3' Kara chuckles and answers it. "Hello?" "Kara, darling. Where are you? I thought you were coming here. I already have lunch." Kara raises her fist in victory and smiles brightly "Kara?" Apparently she didn't answer on time so she quickly says "Coming, sorry. I will make it up to you." Lena's tone changes into something darker "You better do." And with that their call ends.

Kara quickly flies through the city to L-Corp. She slowly walks to the front but suddenly gets bombarded by reporters and paparazzi, luckily for Kara security people from L-Corp saw it and made sure to create a pathway for Kara to walk. Once inside she lets out a relieved breath. She quickly makes her way over to the security who just let her pass. She didn't need to let them see her id. It was just 'Hello miss Danvers' and finished. She could just walk up to the elevators in no time.

Once upstairs she gets greeted by Jess who says "She is waiting for you miss Danvers." Kara looks confused and says "Please, just Kara." Jess, chuckles. Actually chuckles "I don't think that's smart with you and my boss." Kara nods and knocks on the hardwood doors of Lena's office. She doesn't need to wait long since the door gets 'thrown' open. Lena stands there, she looks a bit irritated but her demeanour changes when she sees Kara. A smile forms across her lips and she pulls Kara in for a heated kiss. 

After a quite some time they finally part. Kara just stands there, shocked... not that she doesn't like it. But... it's just... wow. Kara's brain actually stopped working for a second there. Lena grabs her hand and pulls her inside the office. Where they sit on the couch. A massive amount of food sits in front of them. 

Kara quickly grabs the potstickers and asks "How was you day, babe?" Lena doesn't seem surprised by the pet name as she just answers "Irritating, but it's good to have you here!" Kara chuckles and Lena steals a potsticker from her. It makes Kara question things, but apparently this is something Lena does more. Since she doesn't say anything about it.

"Good to hear that I make your day," Kara says when her mouth is empty "but was it really that bad?" A hum is enough conformation for her. When she grabs another potsticker to eat Lena speaks up "And how are things at Catco? Still liking your job as CEO?" Kara's mouth falls open, but Lena doesn't see it. She is looking at her food. She just said CEO, that's something Kara needs to investigate. "Good, I think. I still need to get better at it. But I will in time." Lena says "I think you will be better than Cat Grant. You are obviously already better than James. Since he made that the income was less than the expenses." And with that she steals another potsticker.

Kara eats further in silence but Lena has another idea. She grabs the box from Kara's hands and places it on the coffee table. Suddenly she straddles Kara, making sure she keeps in place and hungerly crashes their lips together. A low moan escapes Kara when their lips connect. Because this is just... wow. The kiss grows more and more heated with a battle for power which Kara wins because she is just more... powerful. Not because she is more eager because the eagerness in this kiss... is equal. They both want this. And they want it bad. 

When they part again it takes not long before their lips melt together again. It's like Kara did this so much. But she didn't. She isn't the real Kara, well she is... but she doesn't remember Lena. Barry said it will only take some time for her to forget some things and learn some new things. But all will be good. It will hurt and make you dizzy but nothing bad will happen.

A smile forms on Kara's lips when they part. It's good to have Lena, Lena moves away again and breathes out "If we don't stop I don't think I can ever can." Kara chuckles and grabs her box of potstickers again and eats slowly. When her mouth is empty, yes she waits for it to be empty before speaking up. "You are right. And keeping your company clean is important. Even though everybody knows we already did it here." Lena bursts out into a nervous laughter and turns red. She places a hand on Kara's arm while she force laughs. So Kara sighs and says "Lena, we are together. There is nothing to feel ashamed of. And we both know I prefer the bed." Lena gulps but nods. 

Apparently Kara speaks the truth? She knows herself better than she thought! That's good! Lena moves a bit closer so that their thighs are resting against each other. She rests her head on Kara's shoulder and sighs content. She holds up her left hand and than Kara sees it. An engagement ring... she asked Lena to marry her? Wow... well, they have been together for quite some time now. So that can explain a lot. That's probably why her apartment was different, she doesn't live there anymore. She lives with Lena. At their place. 

Kara finally gets it. She got everything because she chose Lena. And Lena chose her. They are together because they love each other. Because they made a great choice and not trying to hide it deep inside themselves. Kara smiles brightly, this new life might be way better than the one before.