Chapter 7 // James

Three days go by and nothing from James. Not a single thing. Not even a hint that he is out there, even though the NCPD is searching for him. Kara is at Lena's office, enjoying lunch with the other woman. They do this daily, having lunch at the other person's office. Mostly at Lena's but they had it once at Kara's office. 

Being CEO was maybe quite difficult at first but even though it's only day four, or five. She doesn't really know it anymore. It's doable. She can live with the new reality of her being a CEO because of Lena. 

Her fiance, Lena. It still sounds strange for her. But the ring she bought... wow it's definitely an one of a kind. And Lena doesn't hide it. She promptly shows her hand whenever somebody asks her about the ring. She doesn't do it with paparazzi though. Because the paparazzi are like sharks. When they smell blood, or a story in this case they will come running over. 

And that was already a problem for Kara, with her being Supergirl and all. The paparazzi just have their hungry heads focused on Kara and Lena since they are engaged and now with James being out their the whole just blew up again. 

It's hard to be Supergirl, but Kara pulls through. She tries to do it all together but sometimes it is a bit hard since she needs to watch out for paparazzi every time she leaves during the day and night. 

But that doesn't matter right now, because right now they are enjoying lunch together. Having a great time. A relaxing time in their stressful days. They both need times like this, just the two of them together making their day better. 

Suddenly Kara hears a shot. They quickly stand up since it doesn't go unnoticed by the two of them. Lena starts to walk to the door but when she is halfway the doors burst open. The figure that stands in front of them has this wicked grin on his face... James. James is standing in front of them. A gun in his hand. 

Lena stops dead in her tracks and slowly takes a couple steps back. Kara rushes in front of Lena so she stands between Lena and James. James just slowly closes the doors behind him, that wicked grin not leaving his face for a second. 

He pulls his gun up, aiming it at Kara "My, my the mighty Supergirl," He spits the name out "Standing in front of her loved one. The noblest deed to be done. Dying with your loved ones. Romeo and Juliet. But then your own version of it: A Super and a Luthor."

Kara can feel Lena tense up behind her. So she narrows her eyes at James, ready to do anything if needed. Because nobody, I mean nobody messes with her girl. Her partner. James just chuckles and aims a bit better. At her heart. 

Kara just stands there, no muscle moving. Her head start to hurt a little. She closes her eyes a little. James just chuckles again "My, my the almighty Supergirl having a little bit of pain? I should have warned you probably. The bullets are kryptonite." 

Kara grits her teeth and says "Well, well James. It seems like you got it from Kal. Lovely guy isn't he? But James, why are you here?"

James looks a bit taken back but quickly composes himself "I came here for you," He shifts the gun a bit up and down "And that whore behind you."

Kara chuckles, actually she chuckles a bit evil. And says "And why did you came for me? Did you came her for food? Love? Friendship? Re-"

James shakes his head and interrupts her, he sounds quite mad "I came here to end you. Since you couldn't care about me. You got the girl and you got the job. YOU GOT EVERYTHING. And what do I have? Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

James sighs and Kara speaks up "I got the girl? You wanted Lena? Okay... I am sorry about that. And somebody needed to be CEO. I would never replace you, I can't. You are Jimmy Olsen. You have got so much. Only you are too blind to see it now. Tomorrow will be a better day."

James shakes his head again "They are going to have me way too long in that hell hole. And it's because you didn't do anything. You didn't help me. You didn't save me. Supergirl is supposed to save everybody. But you didn't save me," His voice more sounds like a plea, he almost whispers the next part "You didn't save me."

The gun lowers a little, so Kara hesitantly takes a step forward but the gun goes up again. So Kara takes the step back again. "We both know you don't want to do this. So lower the gun and we will make sure they won't think you escaped. That you actually helped me."

He hesitantly nods and lowers the gun a little. So Kara takes a step forward again, but that's the wrong move. The gun goes up again and the trigger is pulled. A bullet makes it way to Kara's torso. It's like the world slowed down. Kara slowly falls to the ground on her knees. She breathes heavily. 

It's like the world is spinning. She can't keep herself up anymore. So she slowly falls forward, face on the ground. The world slowly turns black... she completely missed what was going on around her. All she could focus on was Lena kneeling beside her, begging her not to fall asleep. But she is so tired... she can't hold it anymore. And with that she loses conscious.