"I was considering a water birth. That's something different and it seems more comfortable." Remy ran her hand over my hand that was on her stomach.

"Dat sounds so fun." Brook leaned forward at the table and I dismissed myself to answer the door as they talked about more female stuff.

"Wassam brudda!" I greeted Ashton with a hug and let him in.

"Wassam soon to be daddy." He nudged me and I waved him off.

I let him speak to mama and everybody before taking him upstairs to the room to play the game.

"So what's da deal wit my big bro, what you on?"

"Man just waiting on my daughta' to get here." I sighed, still not even believing I was finna have a lil girl with my blood in ha veins.

"As for work? You still fuckin' with Quincy?"

"Thats my dawg, yeah I'm fuckin' with him. Shit, my nigga was more excited den I was dat it was a girl." I laughed to myself, recalling the memory.

"How long you think it's gon be before you get caught? You wanna be arrested when ya lil' girl still young? I think you should find some other way of making money."

"Where all dis shit comin' from?" I asked my brother.

I wasn't upset with him or anything. What he said was making sense to me.

"You gon' be a daddy just the same as I'm finna be an uncle. I don't wanna see my niece or Remy struggling, hurtin' or wanting for nothing because you behind bars. It came to me on the way over hea'."

"I hear you, man. Ima work on it.

Remy A. Taylor

I watched happily as my man celebrated his birthday with friends and family

I didn't know a lot of them so Eris was more than happy to sit with me and keep me company when a few of them came up to introduce themselves.

"So girl, how your book coming along? We gon' get a name reveal like we got a gender reveal?" She playfully nudged.

"My book is coming a lot great and no you, you don't get a name reveal August doesn't even know the name. I can tell you this, though, it'll be a book full of my thoughts." I smiled to myself and she sucked her teeth.

"Well whatever it's about sign me up for a hundred copies, period." She did the lil' hand motion too and I laughed way too hard.

"Girl you're a mess."

August finally made his way over to me, picked me up and sat down so I was in his lap.

"Well excuse me, man of the hour. I'll leave ya'll to it." Eris left us alone and I turned to him.

"How you feel, baybeh?" There was a twinkle in his eyes that made me want to kiss him.

So I did.

"I feel great. The sun is out, I'm looking good, you lookin'... aight." I joked and he made a face.

"Aight? Girl, I stepped out fa my birthday."

"Okay, fine, I give props when they due

"Okay, fine, I give props when they due."

He kissed the side of my face, "Being serious.. You still happy with me? We been through a lot, it's been a year now, I'm just tryna see where ya head at. I don't want you to think you obligated ta be with me or nothin' cause I want you to be comfortable reg.."

I held my hand up, "Please shut up. I am beyond happy. I'm at peace, I'm doing what I love, surrounded by who I love. My dad's coming down next week and that's all I need. You and your family have been nothing but fantastic with me and I couldn't wish for anything better than what I got right now. Okay? You have nothing to worry about."

He smiled at me, "Okay good. Can you go get me some punch? Please."

"Wow, I'm the pregnant one and I still have to do the work." I rolled my eyes before standing.

"It's my birthday." I heard him call after me as I walked to the punch bowl.

Everyone seemed to be staring at me as I fixed his cup and I tried my hardest not to mug all of them.

When I turned around I dropped the cup.

August was in front of me.

On one knee.

With a ring box in his hand.

"Remy Anastasia Taylor, you are one of the greatest gifts God has ever given me. Second only to my baybeh girl. I love you and your whole aura. I wanna wake up next to you and go to sleep with you and only you, every night, for the rest of my life. You've been my rock through the trials and tribulations that have been thrown at me. I am forever grateful. So I guess to sum dat all up I just wanna know.. the people wanna know..."

"Mama wanna know!" Ms. Sheila yelled making our audience and myself laugh.

"Will you marry me?"

I covered my face because these hormones had my tears going strong.

"Yes."

Authors Note

Authors Note

See I ain't have yall waiting long. I started working on this as soon as I updated the last chapter.

Baby name suggestions? I'm coming up empty.

Excuse any errors or mistakes.