Chapter 23

Remy A. Taylor

"Bitch you got some nerve coming to my house fuckin' up my baby's night with some bullshit like this!" My mom had started taking her earrings off and Dayvid ran to stop her.

I removed Augusts' arm from around my waist and Bahja came and pulled me to the other side of the room. We both knew that if I didn't get far away from him I was going to knock his ass out.

"Whatever, Mrs. Taylor. Just a few months back you had no problem putting your hands on her. Now she's your baby?" Tori said.

Dayvid let my mom go. Bahja let me go.

All hell broke loose.

My mom punched Tori in the face and I ran in from behind her, tackling Tori to the ground.

I grabbed a handful of Tori's hair and slammed her head into the floor. She went to sleep and I stood up, seeing Bahja boxing it out with Tatyana and Dayvid slapping Kennedi around.

Laila was slowly backing out and I grabbed her by her shirt, dragging her back into the living room, throwing her on the couch beside August.

Dayvid and Bahja helped, and by helped I mean pushed, Tatyana,Tori and Kennedi to the door.

Once that was over I was still livid. I was pacing the floor a good distance away from Laila and August.

"Remy..."

"I advise you to keep your mouth shut boy. If my daughter is anything like my wife, its your best bet to just stay quiet." My dad spoke up.

He looked shocked by everything that just happened.

I took a few deep breaths and turned to the two.

"How you know you pregnant?" I asked Laila.

"Remy don't tell me you believe dis guh'." August spoke.

"Shut the fuck up." I spat and he sucked his teeth, sitting back.

"Because we had sex." She looked up at me and I made a noise before slapping her in the face.

"Duh people fuck to get pregnant. When, where, how what time, bitch?"

She sat there clutching her face, "A couple weeks back he'd come over Quincy's house and said he wanted to relieve some stress."

"You a lie. I went over there and I was drinking," He paused for a long time, "I don't remember shit else."

I laughed to myself, "You went to Quincy's house for a drink and then you don't remember fuckin' somebody until they was with child? What a story."

He stood up and I stepped back, knowing if he touched me I would forgive him in a second, "You gotta believe me, man."

"Get out of my house."

Dayvid came back and ushered both August and Laila out the door.

I sat on the couch, taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Honey, you can stay here if you'd like." My mom said quietly.

I shook my head, standing up and grabbing my things, "I think I'll stay with Dayvid if that's okay with him."

"Of course girl. Bahja's been staying with me for the break, there's room for one more." Dayvid smiled reassuringly and I nodded.

I went to hug my mom and dad, "I'm sorry all of this happened, mom. I can guarantee it won't happen again, I didn't mean to ruin your party with my mess."

"It's okay, sweetie. I'll fight for you until I'm dead." My mom kissed my head and I smiled up at her.

"I'll see you later, daddy." I hugged him tight.

The three of us left and I sat quietly in the backseat of the car.

Don't get me wrong I didn't believe shit Laila was saying. But I'd been cheated on before and it would make sense for him to go and fuck Laila. He'd done it before. Maybe it was some kind of revenge for me texting Miles.

Once we made it to Dayvid's place, I went to take a shower and let the tears fall once I was alone.

I'd sacrificed so much for this man and he had the nerve to go and knock some other female up over a text message? Niggas ain't shit.

I made up my mind that this would be the last time I would cry over the situation. I couldn't think straight. Maybe I would be okay tomorrow.

I got out of the shower and climbed into bed with my two friends.

"You okay girl?" Bahja asked and I nodded.

"Girl, I'm sick of fighting the same ugly bitches. Ima start shooting." Dayvid rolled his eyes, making me laugh.

"We gon figure this out. I think that Laila girl is lying. She known to lie." Bahja chimed in and Dayvid agreed.

"You and Aug been doing great, of course the devil gon' come and try to take that away from you."

"We can talk about this tomorrow. Let's watch a movie and have some drinks."

"Oh honey you ain't said nothing but a word." Dayvid pulled a bottle of Ciroc from under the bed.