Chapter 15

Man Dyme been blessing my Insta timeline a lot lately, and I'm loving it.

Remy A. Taylor

"Ms. Taylor, can I speak with you for a moment?" Mr. Jones stopped me as I was about to leave his classroom.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"It's about your attendance. You've missed an irregular amount of days and it's starting to alarm me. Is everything okay at home? Why've you been absent?" The teacher peered down at me and I shook my head.

"No, everything's fine, I've just been really busy. I'll try my best to work on it but I'm not behind on any work so there's nothing to worry about yet, Mr. J."

"That's good and all Remy but I've noticed you've changed a lot over the past few months. You used to be so expressive and nonchalant, now you seem more like... well, like everybody else." Mr. Jones said to me and I blinked at him.

"I don't know what that's supposed to mean and this talk of yours isn't much motivation to get me to come to your class more often. If you'll excuse me.." I pushed past him, heading to my next period.

I was honestly just ready to leave and see my baby.

He'd been in the hospital for almost a week just so the doctors could make sure he healed properly and with no complications.

He was supposed to be getting his sling today and I wanted to make sure he was okay and all.

During my lunch, I was getting a call from August and Dayvid watched me closely as I stepped out of the cafe to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Yeah baybeh the doctors told me dat I can leave today and nobody else answerin'. Can you co-..."

"Of course I can, I'm on my way."

I hung up and rushed back into the cafeteria to get my things as Dayvid looked at me crazy.

"Where in the hell are you going? We got two more classes left." He asked me.

"They're letting August go and I have to go pick him up. I'll be here tomorrow, or better yet you should come over. I'll text you." I rushed out leaving my best friend there, dumbfounded.

I didn't think August was taking up too much of my time. Seeing as I was avoiding all contact with my parents and my only friend was Dayvid, whom I'd been around for nearly my whole life, I didn't see a problem with someone else getting my attention for a moment.

I walked into the now too familiar hospital and greeted the receptionist before making my way to the elevator, to get to August.

"Ms. Taylor is it?" A man greeted me as I stepped inside.

I looked at him with a frown. He looked familiar but I couldn't remember where from. So if he wasn't important enough to be remembered he shouldn't be talking to me.

"I'm Detective Gates, I was assigned to find out who invaded your home."

I rolled my eyes, "You mean almost a month ago? If it was up to me, you'd be fired."