Chapter 24

Remu A. Taylor

I used every distraction in the book to keep my mind off of whatever August had going on.

It had been almost a month since we'd talked. He'd call and text, even stop by my mom's and Dayvid's house.

Every time I wasn't there. I was either at work or school or even the library. Whatever I could do to keep from being in the house, laid up and sad.

I was stopping by the bank for my dad when I ran into Aug's friend, Sean.

"Wassup. You Remy, right?" He asked me and I nodded, returning his smile.

"Hi, Sean. It's nice to see you."

"It's nice to see you, too. I heard about you and my boy not talking. What happened?" He asked me and I scoffed.

"He got Laila pregnant. Apparently he went to Quincy's place to "relieve stress" and now she's knocked up." I got annoyed just telling the story.

Sean seemed to be thinking about something, "I remember August coming over that night. He seemed upset and I ain't want him getting drunk and doing some fucked up stuff so I kept checking on him. I went in the living room where he was and caught Laila putting some shit in his drink. I told Quincy and he beat her ass. I had to lock Aug in a room until he was good again. When he woke up he just went home, ain't say nothing to nobody."

"Really?"

That would explain why August couldn't remember anything, she'd drugged him.

Either she was lying about being pregnant or August wasn't the father. Either one was a win-win for me.

"Thank you for telling me that, Sean." I hugged him and he seemed shocked before patting my back.

"It ain't nothin' sis-in-law. See you later."

Laila L. London

"Stay yo ass here, I'll be back." August said, making his way up the stairs to his bedroom.

Of course I didn't follow directions.

I began to wander around the living room, looking in drawers and on tables.

I found an envelope. I assumed it was money but instead there were pictures inside.

Pictures of Remy. Some she was clothed in, others she was completely naked. A few were of her and August.

I burned with jealousy. This should have, could have, been me.

I took my phone out and began to take pictures of the photographs. I heard footsteps descending down the stairs, making me put the pictures back quickly.

"I told ya duck ass to stay in one spot. Come on." He snapped at me and I chuckled, leading the way back out the door.

Remy A. Taylor

As I walked down the hall to my first period, I noticed people staring more than usual.

A few boys blew kisses at me or whistled so now I was freaked out.

"Why people being so weird today?" I asked Dayvid and he looked at me sadly.

He took out his phone and showed some all too familiar pictures of me that August had taken.

I gasped, dropping my binder on the floor, "What the fuck? How could he do this to me?"

"Well, the pictures don't look bad. You got a nice body." Dayvid tried to console me but I wasn't hearing it.

I picked up my stuff and left as soon as I came. Fuck school today. I'd been humiliated enough, I couldn't deal with people saying things all day.

I had been driving around for close to an hour before I found myself at the same tattoo shop I'd gotten my rose. I'd added a few to the collection since then but there was a special one that'd been weighing heavy on my mind for a while.

I went in and the same man as before was at the counter.

"You look familiar. Do I know you?" He asked me once I told him what I wanted and he was leading me to the back.

"I came in here a long time ago with August." I rolled my eyes at the name.

"Ah, yes, August. I give you discount, August is a very good friend."

I sat back in the chair and shut my eyes, praying to God that this wouldn't kill me.

I tried to ignore the pain and focus on how much I'd been put through all my life, not just recently due to August but everything. From my mom and dad, to Seven, to Tatyana and Kennedi, to Tori, and now Laila. Just anyone who'd done wrong to me.

I looked in the mirror and smiled at the final product.

I'd gotten 'Never Trust' on my hairline. And I loved it.