Chapter 28

Remy A. Taylor

I held onto Aug tightly as he rang the doorbell to Quincy's home.

Quincy had asked me to bring him along to their meeting to discuss what our next move as for what they were going to do about Miles.

Laila answered the door and looked dumbfounded.

"Hi." I spoke sweetly as August just shoved past her and inside the house.

He led me to a room where everyone was sitting down, eating and drinking, seeming very calm about everything.

August took a seat and sat me comfortably in his lap.

"How you doin' Remy?" Sean spoke to me and I smiled. Sean had become a friend of mine ever since he'd told me the truth behind Laila and her fake pregnancy.

"I'm doing good big bro."

August smiled, kissing my exposed shoulder.

"Now that everyone is here let's settle down and talk business," Quincy spoke up and everyone went quiet, "For everyone who doesn't know, the nigga we going after used to be like a brother to me. His names is Miles, he went by MJ, but now its Trigga. He killed my pops, and Augusts' best friend. Now that he knows that we know who he is, he's become reckless which gives us the upper hand. The first issue we need to worry about is getting Remy's parents out of harms way. Miles sent some niggas to her home and now they in danger. Any suggestions?"

I was flattered that everyone was so willing to help me and my family

"Christmas coming up. How about they take a family vacation?" A random girl spoke up and I liked the idea.

"Remy?" Quincy turned to me.

"That sounds good to me. But where could I convince them to go on such short notice?"

"New Awlins." August spoke up.

I looked at him like he was crazy.

To his hometown? To meet his family?

It made sense but I was still hesitant.

"We can all go. Make it a holiday trip. It's a way to get Detective Gates off my shit." August explained and I nodded.

"Who is Gates?" Quincy asked.

"He was assigned to the case of finding who robbed my house months ago. Not a real threat but he been around too much for my liking." I said.

"We'll handle that."

"I got the perfect plan!" Niko spoke up and everyone turned to him, "Aug and Rem go out of town with they family or whatever, we take out MJ's people then keep him here until August comes back so he can finish him off. That way when everything goes down, this detective nigga won't be on his back. He won't even suspect him."

Everyone looked towards Aug for his response.

"Ion know man. Do I really wanna be out of town when yall catch dis nigga? Who said I'on wanna be dea' myself?" Aug asked.

"August, my brother. I know how strongly you feel about ending this nigga. I give you my word that you'll have his head on a plate. Only you. He took my daddy all I wanna do is watch." Quincy spoke up.

I rubbed Augusts' back to comfort him as he sighed deeply, "Aight. I'm trusting ya'll to do this shit right. 'Cause If I don't get him? Ima get one of y'all instead."

He stood from his seat and pulled me with him towards the door.

"August, wait!" A female voice called from behind us and he froze mid-stride, turning towards Laila.

"My first doctors appointment is next week. How will you come if you'll be out of town?" She bat her eyelashes at him and I wanted to throw up.

"Bitch he is not that baby daddy." Sean appeared behind her and her face filled with embarrassment.

"Sean this don't got shit to do with you!"

"Actually it does. I had the, uh, security cameras pulled and I gotta pretty interestin' video of you..." Sean said and Laila's mouth dropped.

"Let's have a look Sean." I smiled and Sean pressed play on his phone.

What Sean had told me happened at the store was playing in front of August and I felt his grip on my hand tighten.

Laila had slipped something into his drink and tried to take advantage of him up until Sean came to his rescue.

Once the video was over, August was breathing heavily and Laila was shaking in fear.

"How you want me to handle this babe?" I asked Aug.

"Nah I got it. You go wait in the car." He spoke and I nodded, waving to Laila.

"Louisiana? I don't know about that Remy..."

I was explaining the plan to my mom and dad. They weren't sold on it quite yet.

"Come on mama please. This is a great opportunity to get away for the holiday, for you guys to get to know August more, more bonding for both families. Come on, ma, please. Daddy?" They were making this extremely difficult when it didn't have to be.

"Well, Em, you're off for the holiday anyway. I'd love to get know Aug's side of the family more, and him as well. The three of us need the time together to just enjoy being a family. I refuse to be looking over my shoulder for Christmas." My dad said and I smiled, looking at my mom hopefully.

She looked between the two of our pleading faces before sighing, "Fine. But just for the two weeks. Then back here, straight away."

"Yay! We're going to New Orleans!" I clapped my hands before hugging the both of them.

Authors Note

Let me just say I didn't even notice until just now Remy is Reed and Emily combined lmaooo whew chilly.

Please keep the comments coming guys I love those the most, yall funny.

And what would a trip to New Orleans be without some drama? >:)