Chapter 17

Remy A. Taylor

"So many damn bills are due." I said over the phone as I got my mail from home.

"I thought ya folks was paid." Miles said and I rolled my eyes.

"They are but sooner or later my mama gon' cut me off. I need my own job real fast." I said as I pulled out of the driveway and in the direction of Bahja's house.

"You got some shit lined up? You smart as hell, just turned eighteen, I know you got options."

"It would seem that way but out of all the places I've applied only place that's looking for sure is Victoria's Secret. I'm used to having way more."

"I know somewhere you can work." He said slowly.

"Yeah? Where might that be?"

"Spice."

I almost slammed on my brakes, "Boy are you joking? A strip club?"

"Who said you had to do more than be a bartender? A friend of mine own the place I can get you a spot for sure. All you gotta do is stand there and look pretty."

"That's it?"

Bartenders at strip clubs made great money. Nobody really even had to know. I could work with Bahja during the day and at the club some nights.

"That's it. I'll put a word in. Aye though, I gotta get going so I'll hit you up later. You still coming over?"

I pulled into Bahja's driveway and thought about it.

The only reason I even kicked it with Miles was to smoke. When I didn't wanna bother Dayvid and when August was being stupid. I knew it was wrong though, because I was doing it behind his back and I didn't want Miles thinking anything would come of it.

"I'll see. I have an interview today." I hung up and honked the horn twice for Bahja's big head ass to come on out.

August A. Alsina

I blew air out in frustration as I continued to attempt to wrap my arm in plastic, which I had to do in order to shower.

I went to call Remy but she was gone for a damn interview.

This shit was stupid, over the past couple weeks my bills and shit was piling the fuck up. To the point my baybeh had to work. No woman of mine was supposed ta work no ways. I provide for her, she just sit and be pretty.

I gave up and was just gon' wait til Remy got back when I heard the doorbell ring.

I went downstairs and opened it. Laila was there.

And her nose was fucked up.

I snorted to keep from laughing, "Can I help you?"

She mugged me, "Quincy sent me to check up on you. How are you baby?"

She reached to touch me and I held my hand to her face.

"Aug only got one baybeh and you ain't it. I'm doing great, tell Quin thanks for his concern. You ca' go now.

"Okay I lied. I came here on my own. Your girlfriend is crazy! She did this to my face, look at it!" I burst out laughing when she gestured to her nose, "Come on, Aug you can't be serious about this girl. Quincy told us about your dead baby mama..."

She couldn't finish her sentence before I slapped her with my fucked up arm, making her fall back.

I groaned before slamming the door and locking it.

It wasn't Quincy place ta tell my business or for Laila fat mouth ass to speak on Naomi like dat.

I was pissed and my arm hurt so I went to take my pills even though I'd already taken my two for the day.