Chapter Ten: The Frat Boys

Start from the beginning

"Get in." Edward said. As he glared at the group of boys that were trying to make their way back to the girls. Dani was shaking. She didn't know if it was from anger or fright, but either way she was speechless. She turned to the boy that had touched her inappropriately. Suddenly, her anger over took her rational decision to walk away. Daniella glared and grabbed the pepper spray from her sister's bag and sprayed it in the boys eyes. She then punched him in the face hard enough to mess up her hand as well as his nose.

"Never, and I mean Never, touch a girl like that again. Understood?" The boy was silent other then the silent curses at Daniella. "I said Understood?!" She yelled at the boy and he immediately nodded.

    Daniella then picked the bag up off of the ground and grabbed Bella's arm and pulled her toward the Silver Volvo. Bella got in the passenger seat and Daniella got in the back fixing her clothes that the boys had messed with. She touched her lip and felt the blood but she quickly fixed it before Jasper and Edward got in the car.

    They watched as the frat boys got up and started to talk to Jasper and Edward and act innocent. Then their faces changed to one of complete terror and they ran off right after.

    Dani was numb as the doors opened once again. She was staring at the seat in front of her as her hands shook. The scene kept replaying in her head and she could still feel the mens hands on her. She could hear Bella and Edward fighting in the front seat and she could sense Jasper's worried gaze on her. She could feel the prodding of calmness trying to break through her barriers, but she held her place no matter how weak she was. It went away after a while and Daniella tried to calm down on her own.

"Dani?" Jasper's silky, smooth voice asked bringing the attention of everyone else in the car to her.

"Daniella? Are you okay?" Isabella asked concerned.

"No, I'm not okay! I just got man handled by a bunch of alcoholic frat boy because my body was desired by their egotistical minds that told them they had the right to do what they did! So, you tell me if I'm okay." Daniella's voice dripped with venom as she spoke.

    All Jasper wanted to do was jump out of the car and kill the bastards who touched his girl. They deserved no mercy for what they did, but he knew Daniella would never look at him the same way if he did. And he couldn't lose her. He just couldn't.

    Jasper knew it was risky, but he didn't care at the moment. He slid over next to Daniella and pulled her close to him. She gasped at the sudden chill that ran down her spin and Jasper was about to move away, but then she relaxed and leaned into him. His cool body temperature cooling her down from the heated anger and adrenaline she had been feeling. Jasper was shocked by the overwhelming sense of comfort he felt while holding Daniella. So, much so that he vowed to himself to never let her go for as long as he possibly could.

~•~

    At the restaurant, they ran into Jessica and Angela as they were leaving. So, Jasper and Edward took Dani and Bella to eat inside. They sat apart, but it was fine with them. They trusted the Cullen's more now then they had before.

    After the waitress set her food down, she looked and saw that nothing was sat down for Jasper.

"You're not going to eat?" She asked him. Her eyes lingering on the porcelain skinned man in front of her.

"I'm..on a special diet." He spoke.

"Like vegan?" She asked him curiously.

"Not exactly." He said, the small smile on his face not missed by the suspicious girl across from him.

"So how about some answers?" She asked him, pushing around the food on her plate.

"Yes. No. 1.77245-" Dani rolled her eyes and cut him off.

"I never asked what the square root of Pi is." She said, her temper being tested by him.

"You knew that?" Jasper asked, suprise clear in his features.

"How did you know where we were today?" Daniella asked as her eyebrows furrowed together.

"We did not know where you were." Jasper lied. She shakes her head and goes to leave. "Don't...don't go." Jasper said sincerely.

Dani looked at him before sitting back down. She could see that he was torn by some kind of internal argument. Then he sighed as if he was done trying to hide things from her.

"Were you following us?" Daniella asked once again.

"I feel very...protective of you, Daniella." Jasper said as he looked away from Dani.

"So, you were?" She asked.

"Yes, my brother and I followed you. We tried to keep our distance..until we were needed." Jasper told her.

"Earlier..in the car, before my little blow up, I felt it again. The calmness that I only seem to feel around you.." She was gazing at her plate as if it was the most interesting, half-eaten plate of pasta she'd ever seen. Jasper stayed silent, knowing she hadn't completed her thought.

"So, do you affect everyone's emotion or just mine?" Daniella asked, as she took another bite of the Alfredo dish she had ordered. Jasper was wide eyed as he heard the question, but he just answered.

"Um, everyone." He said looking Dani in the eyes. "But it works better with people I'm close with. However, I've noticed that, at times, you seem to... push it away." He spoke curiously, his eyebrows creased in thought. Daniella frowned, looking down at her hands as she pulled the sleeves of the jacket she was wearing over them.

"Is there something wrong with me then?" Daniella asked looking up at the dirty-blonde across from her. He laughed ironically and looked away for a bit before he looked back into her eyes.

"I tell you I can affect people's emotions and you think that something is wrong with you?" Jasper asked, as the smile, that is not as foreign as it used to be, etches its way onto his face. But then his smile fades away and that torn look falls onto his features once again.

"What?"Dani says, looking at him with wonder clear in her voice.

"I don't think I have the strength to stay away from you anymore." Jasper admitted, looking out the window they had sat near. Daniella was suprised, but somewhat excited at the idea that she was wanted by someone.

"Jazz...you don't have to." Daniella said, confused on why he needed to stay away from her and surprised by the sudden nickname that fell from her lips. Jasper was drawn in by her hypnotic gaze, but he closed his eyes and took a breath.

"It's getting late. We should go." Jasper said, tossing money on the table and walking away before she could ask anymore questions.

A/N: Just saying you guys are gonna love Chapter 12  :D hehe
                                        - xoxo Jaye