Claire and Adara sat by the fire. It was a cold night in the forest so the heat felt nice. Claire rubbed her arms in an attempt to warm up. Goosebumps ran up her arms and she felt the coldness running through her.

    Aden got up off of his sleeping area away from the group. He walked over to Claire, sitting himself down beside her.

    "It's a bit chilly over there" He spoke softly, looking at Claire.

    She nodded in agreement. It was a bit weird between them now. She wasn't sure how to act around him now. She didn't want to upset him again. Although he unleashed power against her, she wasn't upset about that. She was not afraid of him no matter how powerful he was.

    "Decided to actually be social for once?" Adara asked in a nasty tone.

    Aden looked at Adara and rolled his eyes. "Whatever princess."

    He got up and walked back to his place of seclusion. He didn't have time to make up with everyone. He didn't feel the need to be friends with any of these people. He never had friends before and sure as hell didn't need them now. He was a loner and it was easier that way.

    Still, he did not want them to think he did that to Claire on purpose. He was not setting out to harm her. His powers were stronger than he knew and since he had no control over them he was dangerous.

    "I know you never meant to hurt me."

    Aden opened his eyes. Claire sat down beside him, curled in a ball. Her bright pink eyes still seemed to glow even at night.

    "I didn't" Aden repeated over and over in his head.

    He sat up beside her, sighing. She was too sweet and innocent. She seemed so fragile that he felt he had to handle her carefully. Protect her from harm so she wouldn't crack. But, was he even capable of being that protector?

    "I have barely to no control over my power. If you heal me, I just can't stop myself from hurting you" His eyes met with hers.

    Claire felt the sincerity in his eyes. She felt the seriousness of his words.

    "That's why you can never do it again okay? None of you can" Aden said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

    His hand was cold, yet she felt warmth instead. She nodded in agreement but wasn't really sure she could do that. Could she really just let him lay there, struggling to breathe? Could she really watch him suffer?

    Could I..... Could I really just watch him die?

    Of course not. How could she? She felt a connection with him and she wanted to help him. Yes he was stubborn and a bit hot headed, but he was sweet with her.

    Claire stood up and walked a few feet away. She laid herself down, not speaking another word to Aden. She wasn't angry because he was ungrateful or upset over what he said. She was just trying to understand.

    My life could be lost helping him.

    As much as she didn't want to admit it, he was right. As much as she would want to help him in the future, he was more powerful than she could ever dream of being and was capable of great pain and destruction. He could not control himself and she had no strength to stop him.

    She closed her eyes. She needed to rest so she could keep up with the others. Claire would have to think this over more in the morning.

———————————————————————————