PUBLIC AFFECTION

The rest of the day went by at a normal pace. The whole day after my orchestra class, I felt anxious and on edge, but there was no reason really. The perks of having anxiety amirite? It wasn't a new thing, this happens all the time, it's like the feeling you forgot something or you're missing something but you full on know that you aren't. The last bell of the day had finally rang and I was on my way to drop my stuff off at my locker, that was really close to Mrs. Thomas's classroom. I followed the traffic in the hallways, walking quickly and keeping to myself. I stared at the way my bootcut overalls swayed back and forth when I walked, and then I finally got to my locker. Luckily, I don't think that there was someone in the locker that was under mine, which I loved and thanked the lords for, so I pressed my body flush against the lockers so I wouldn't get hit, or grazed, by oncoming traffic. I placed my binder into its designated spot by the other ones, pushing them so they all stood up and were stacked neatly together. After that was finished and I was satisfied, so I took a minute to myself and put my elbows resting in my locker and leaned forward. The hallway was progressively getting quieter, and emptier, as all the students left so I let my lower body leave the lockers and I bent forward, with the intention of stretching my back out, until my backside ran into someone.

          "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I repeated quickly as I lurched forward, my face getting pink at the thought of me just running into a random person.

          "It- it's okay." I heard the person chuckle a little. I turned my head and, you guessed it, Joe was standing there. The knowledge of it being Joe that I just  rubbed  against made my face turn more red than these crimson lockers as I shoved my head into the crook of my elbow that was still in my locker. He chuckled once more, "You good?" I took in a deep breath before I stood up straight and shut my locker.

          "Yeah, yeah I'm awesome." I said, not super enthusiastic, but still giving him a smile. His smile grew wide and he reached his arm out, puting it at my head level and I quickly accepted the proposition. I walked under his arm as he wrapped it around my shoulder and I leaned into him. He went to walk to Thomas's room but I nudged myself closer to him and he became still. I turned my face so it was half pressed into his chest whilst I brought my arms so they were between myself and Joe. I felt Joe bring his long lanky arms and wrap them around me tightly, pushing me further into him. I took a deep breath, all of my stress, that I didn't even acknowledge was there, and anxiety started dissipating and I smiled. Now let's just stay here for the next hundred years thank you.

         "Get a room!" I whipped my head around and saw Ben and Gwil walking towards us, a cheeky smile placed on Ben's face. 

         "Got a problem with public affection Ben?" Joe asked as he slowly released my from his grip, sliding his hands down and keeping one on my hip.

         "You bet, keep that stuff in private." He said, his joking tone more than obvious. I hummed in acknowledgment and looked at Joe before turning back to look at Ben. He was turning to enter Thomas's room, his back to us, and I saw the perfect opportunity. I quickly ran up to Ben, quietly of course, and latched myself to his back, wrapping my arms around him. When my body hit him, he stumbled forward slightly with the momentum. "What the-"

        "PUBLIC AFFECTION!" I slightly shouted. 

       "NO! Anything but public affection!" Ben shot back, trying to be serious but I could feel him chuckling from the vibration in his chest. He jokingly tried to pry me off but I locked my hand around my wrist in determination. I then felt another body press up against me so I looked over my shoulder. Joe was currently wrapping his arms past me to grab Ben, "Oh God." Ben gasped when he felt Joe's arms around his upper body. We all stumbled to the right and I started laughing really hard, sandwiched between Joe and Ben. That's when I saw Gwil walk up, the tallest and lankiest out of all of us, spread his arms and wrap them around all of us. I squealed out loud when Gwil just started leaning on us, my foot fumbling to get balance due to my platform boots.

        "GWIL!" All three of us called out at different times, mixed with laughters. His weight officially made my ankle give out and I ended up taking everyone down with me. I ended up being on the bottom of everyone, due to me being the one who pulled everyone down. A loud grunt escaped my mouth and I lost my breath. Everyone quickly rolled off of me, and I sat up, tears streaming down my face from laughing. Joe looked at me and was laughing as well, but I think I was dying. I put my face into my hands, riding out my laughing fit, and wiped the tears away.

          "Guys," I said, sniffling "I think I died. I've been to the afterlife." That caused everyone to start laughing again. Joe helped me off the floor and I wiped the dirt off my white overalls, happy as I saw there was no stain. 

         "Uhm, what happened? Why were you screaming?" I looked to see Rami and Lucy walking up to us.

         "Public affection, that's what happend." Ben answered, crossing his arms. Rami's face grew puzzled, but just ignored us and walked into the classroom. 

         "I've never been so great with physical contact but you guys just bring out the cuddler." I pushed my hair out of my face and decided to put it up into a messy bun. "So, what do we do for two and half hours until the official lock in?" 

         "Usually we just sit in the room and chill, but I can ask Mrs. Thomas if I can show you around backstage and stuff." Joe shoved his hands in he pockets.

          "Yeah that sounds cool." I smiled, following Joe into the classroom.