Prom?

Hey lovelies, here's another chapter early to make up for the week that I missed -sorry again-, hope you like 

                    -Cas  <3

------------------------------------------------------------------

         I woke up to Freddie serenading me, as always, and pushed myself up to the sitting position. I grabbed my phone to stop my alarm and saw that I already had a text on my screen. 

     Joe: Good morning, <3 I hope you slept well

          My heart fluttered seeing as he took my advance of affection well.

    Morning <33 I slept alright! Why are you up so early if you drive yourself to school?    

          I stood up, immediately took my medicine so I wouldn't forget later, and stood there for a moment deciding if my stomach wanted breakfast this morning. I decided against it and went into the bathroom to do my usual morning stuff; washing my face, brushing teeth, etc. I came back to my room and picked out my outfit for the day: some bootcut white overalls, a striped longsleeve shirt, and my new platforms; pretty outrageous, I know. After I was fully dressed, I grabbed my phone to check.

    Joe: I decided I wanted to stop by the gas station to get a cappuccino this morning. P.s. don't forget your overnight bag.

          I chuckled at the last part, man he really doesn't forget anything. 

     I have it packed and ready to go! Still have the permission slip with me so, we all good. 

          I put my phone into my back pocket as I went back into the bathroom and tried to think about what I wanted to do with my hair. I thoroughly thought of references (Deacy, Bri, Rog, Fred, anything 70s, etc.) and decided to brush my slightly wavy hair to get a Deacy frizz to go with my overalls. Should I get my bangs like Deacy? I toyed with my hair while thinking. I'll ask Joe's opinion. I fluffed up my hair at the roots for some volume before spraying a little moonstone perfume on my chest and wrists. I started heading out, grabbing my overnight bag, and put on my jean jacket (the one lined with fur seeing as it's still winter even though it's supposed to be spring) and went out the door, locking it behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          I rushed off the bus before anyone else and scurried inside the heated building. Apparently, the bus's heating system doesn't like us, so we had to sit in the cold this morning. I gripped my numb fingers around the bag strap that was pulling down my shoulder. In my overnight bag I had: my laptop, the movie, some pjs, slippers, and this blanket that I wouldn't classify as a blanket anymore because it's just shreds; I've had it since I was a baby so don't judge me, we all have a comfort item. Along with my bag I was carrying a little tote bag that had two blankets and a pillow and, admittingly, my arm was getting tired.

         "Cas!" I turned my head to the right and slowed my pace of walking, not surprised when I saw Joe walking towards me. "Let me get that for you." He reached out and took the tote bag off my shoulder, taking a chunk of the pain away.

          "Thanks Joe." I smiled

         "Did you want to put this in Thomas's room? That's where my stuff is anyway, well it's outside the door because she wasn't here yet when I walked by." His rambling is too cute. We both started walking out of the lobby and into the hallway, where there was a good chunk of kids just hanging out.

         "Yeah, sure. Why not? How was your cappuccino?"

         "Well, my stomach kind of hurts now because I got a large and I'm semi lactose intolerant, but it was good nonetheless and I have no regrets." I chuckled and shook my head.

         "I can relate to that. I found this almond milk coffee creamer and it literally saved my life, so I can drink coffee without consequences. It tastes really good too."

          "Oh man, I'll have to get some. I just gave up on going into that section at the store." Joe laughed and repositioned my bag onto his shoulder. We were both walking down the hall and I couldn't help but notice flyers that were posted all over the locker that weren't there yesterday. We were walking past one when I looked closer to read it-

          "Prom?"

          "Oh yeah," Joe glanced to the ground, "that's next weekend I think, everyone gets so hype about prom here." I looked at the flyer again and saw that it said the prom was masquerade themed.

          "Oh man, it's masquerade themed. That's some Phantom of the Opera coolness."

          "I've actually seen that movie, it's pretty good, for a musical."

          "You should go as the Phantom and I should be Christine." I joked, but not really a joke, hoping he caught my drift.

          "Did that not end up going well; Christine and the Phantom?" Joe looked towards me, and then I remembered.

          "Oh, yeah, you're right. It didn't. Stockholm Syndrome much." I said, laughing at the realization.

          "I could always be Raoul." He nudged his elbow into my arm. 

          "Your hair isn't long enough but I'll accept it."

          "Here's Mrs. Thomas's room." Joe guided me towards a door that had bags next to it, and also a Rami next to it.

          "Hey Rami." I held my hand up and smiled.

          "Hey Cas, I see you're going to the lock in? Joe told me that you're gonna beat him at hide and seek."

          "Ramiii!" Joe whined, making me chuckle. 

          "You talking 'bout me Joe?" Joe's face turned a subtle shade of pink, but also glaring at Rami, as he shifted his weight to one leg.

          "Well, I hope you do beat him because he never shuts up." Rami slid off of the desk he was sitting on that was weirdly located on the outside of the classroom. Joe followed Rami into the classroom, smacking him in the back of the head. I followed and placed my stuff by the other bags in the room, the bell ringing as soon as I set my bag down. Rami was sitting at a desk so I assumed this was his first class, but Joe and I walked back out of the room, Thomas arriving at the doorway as we were leaving.

          "Oh, Mrs Thomas." She stopped and looked at me as I was getting the paper out of my phone case. "Here's my permission slip." She accepted it.

          "Thanks hun." She unfolded it and walked into her classroom, and I turned back and faced Joe.

          "Guess I should get to class." I said, sliding my phone back into my pocket.

          "Okay, I'll see you at lunch." Joe wrapped his long arms around me, giving me a quick squeeze before walking away. I smiled to myself as I walked to the first class of the day.