Gym Class

It was now fourth hour, and I was heading to my Personal Fitness class. The gym was located down by the cafeteria at the end of the school. Walking past the cafeteria, I saw the doors at the end of the hallway, which I assumed were to the gym. Right before you walk through the doors, there is a staircase to the left which goes down to another door. I heard the sound of basketballs being bounced on the gym floor through the open doors in front of me, so I walked through. To my left was the gym but it was at a lower level, there was a group of guys playing basketball probably waiting for the class to start. I walked along the railing, trailing my hand on the cool metal, to the end of the gym where there was another set of stairs that led to the main gym floor. As I was walking down the metal stairs, I continued watching the basketball game that was going on. Before I got to the end of the stairs, a guy walked out of a doorway that was at the end of the stairs. 

         "Got room for another?" the guy asked. The game momentarily halted as the guys acknowledged the new player. 

         "We might, but not for you Rami!" a voice called out.

         "Oh fuck off Joseph!" 

         ....Joseph? Oh no. OhnoOHNO. My eyes shot over to the guys and scanned all of them until they landed on Joe. Anything but GYM CLASS!  He was wearing some baggy basketball shorts and a baggy shirt, making him look more lanky than before. I quickly put my head down, my hair falling into my face, and hurried down the rest of the stairs. To my left, I saw the teacher in this little office room across the gym floor and I quickly walked over to her. 

         "Cas? Hey Cas!" I stopped dead in my tracks, looked up at the teacher and then looked over my shoulder. Low and behold, Joe had spotted me. "One second guys." He said to the other players as he jogged over. I turned towards him and gave him a quick smile. "So, personal fitness huh?" 

         "Yeah yeah, sounded like a cool class." I replied, repositioning the small bag on my shoulder. 

        "It is a pretty cool class, in the sense of you can do basically whatever you want for half the class." Joe crossed his arms and smiled. 

        "Joe, who's this?" a more lower and raspy voice called out. Joe turned around, and I looked behind him, to see a guy walking up. He was much tanner than Joe, definitely a different ethnicity but I couldn't place it. His eyes were large, deepset, and ...green maybe? His hair was a very very dark shade of brown and very curly.

        "Rami, this is Cas. Cas, Rami." I held out my hand to be friendly, and Rami took it. His hands were rough and much larger than mine.

        "Nice to meet ya, Cas." Rami threw on a small smile, the ends of his lips curling ever so slightly. 

       "You too, Rami." I returned the smile. My hand fell down by my side as I looked back at Joe who was already looking at me. My gaze fell to the floor as I felt my face heat up. Thankfully, the bell rang, saving me from my awkwardness. Rami and Joe both turned and headed towards the office where the teacher was earlier. Everyone was taking seats on the floor as the teacher got out a clipboard. I quickly walked over to her before she went to the front of the students. "I'm Cas, I'm new." 

       "Ah yes, here you are." she said pointing to the bottom of her list. "You can go take a seat in the far right corner and then you can get dressed in the locker room after I take attendance." she pointed her pencil at a door to my left, which I assumed was the locker rooms. At that, I walked to the very last row of students and sat on the edge of the group. I looked around at the rest of the class, which was pretty male dominated, waiting for her to be done with attendance. "Okay class, we're going to warm up with some laps around the gym. Let's go!" 

      Here we go.

      All the students rose from their spots on the floor, some already jogging, some just talking with friends. I walked against the crowd to the door the teacher pointed at earlier. I entered this long hallway that only went to the left. I passed the boys locker room and then entered the girls which was further down. I went into the first section of lockers, chose an empty one, and sat my bag inside of it. And the fun begins..

Somebody to Love ~ Joe Mazzello High School AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें