Drama Club Meeting

"Come on Rami!" Gwil shouted as we jogged around the gym floor.

"No, you guys are being mean!" Rami picked up the pace as Gwilym tailed behind him, trying to talk to him.

"I know I should feel bad but I find this kind of hysterical." Lucy was jogging to my left, we had to fill her in on what happened at lunch because Rami was moping.

"Before Civil War, I would've been chill, but now that Tony tried to kill my Bucky, I will forever hold a grudge."

"Your Bucky?" Joe looked down at me and laughed.

"You are damn right MY Bucky." I said completely serious.

"He'll get over it." Joe directed at Lucy before changing the subject, probably for my own good. "You excited for Drama Club?"

"I am very excited for Drama Club."

"We are actually getting ready to do a new play so you joined at a perfect time."

"Okay, that's enough running for today!" The gym teacher yelled from the corner of the gym. Everyone abruptly stopped running and all headed to the staircase. I tried to keep my breathing under control as we continued our conversation.

"Oh man, do you know what the play is yet?"

"Actually no, the teacher is still picking them out and stuff. We should know sooner or later." All the students filed neatly into the weight room and stood around waiting for further instruction.

----------------------------------------------------

In gym class we did the v-sit in reach, pretty simple and easy, definitely not exciting(even though I found out Joe was almost as flexible as me which had me SHOOK). I was currently waiting in the lobby, outside of the auditorium, with Joe and 'the gang' waiting for the drama teacher.

"I hope we get to do a comedic play."

"You always want to do a comedic play Joe." Gwil responded, arms crossed.

"What's wrong with comedic plays?" Joe placed his hands on his hips.

"Nothing really, just that that is the only type of play Mrs. Thomas likes to choose."

"Yeah, Gwil is right. Thomas doesn't need to be thinking we all want to do comedic plays all the time." Rami piped in the conversation, his arm calmy resting around Lucy's shoulders.

"I know I'm new and all," I interjected, leaning forward a bit to see everyone in our little circle we formed, "but I agree with Gwil and Rami." I looked up at Joe who was smirking down at me, so I kept going. "I think a lot of drama teachers take the easy way out by choosing comedies because there's ALWAYS room for improv, and with high school students not all of them take it seriously because it IS a comedy. I like serious plays that force you to work on your acting skills, character developing and stuff like that, so you can better yourself and challenge yourself. I'm not bashing comedies by all means, I'm just saying people get too comfortable." There were nods of acknowledgement and agreement around our circle through my little speech, which I appreciated gratefully.

"Those are very good points, really. I never thought of it that way." Ben said.

"I'm always pushing for comedies because I like making people laugh, and by now I'm just used to us doing comedies. But I'm up for a change." Joe glanced at me out of the side of his eyes, a smile tugging at my lip as I put my arm around his waist, Joe's hand resting on my shoulder.