Chapter 9

You always find the rain in rainbows
and I thought that you were safe, but all your cracks showed
And I could wear that dress, you won't look your best
I could get undressed, you'd still look depressed
It's all too much, you're so cold to touch
You don't open up, you don't open up

Josh's POV:

"Where are we going?"

"I've already told you Oli, it's a surprise."

"Where are we going?"

"I just said-"

"Where are we going?"

"HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO ASK THAT?" I exclaimed.

"Until you tell me where we are going." He muttered under his breath from besides me.

"I'm not telling you where we are going, that's why it's a surprise." I breathed.

We were currently on a public bus heading for the centre of the large town around 20 miles away from Coinston. I was planning to take Oli on a proper date; shopping, meal, cinema, whatever he wanted.

Tomorrow I was leaving for London and I couldn't be dreading it more. Since Oli and I made our relationship official we had spent almost every moment together. Every night we would sleep cuddled up to one another and then during the day we would go out and do stuff together. Even when he worked I would sit in the café and watch him during his shift. It was great.

But tomorrow that all ended.

"Cmon its time to get off the bus." I yanked Oli gently by the hands out of the buss and onto the moderately busy street. It was probably around 2 in the afternoon at this point so the sun was still shining and the air was pleasantly warm.

"Can you tell me where we are going now." He huffed in fake annoyance. Cute.

"Well I thought I would take you on a proper date, do you wanna go watch a movie?" I asked. He smiled before nodding excitedly. We walked across the street hand in hand until we reached the huge cinema.

"Horror film?" I asked.

"I hate horror films Josh." He frowned. "They're way too scary."

"I know but you get all touchy with me when you're scared." I laughed, causing him to slap my chest playfully.

"Fine." He huffed, scrunching his cute nose up. I kissed him on the cheek before walking up to the cashier to buy our tickets and snacks. Of course Oli requested that we bought the biggest milkshake and box of popcorn going so that we could share it.

————

It was around half way through the film and Oli was practically sat on my lap. I had my arms around his neck and he had one of his hands on my knee. Somewhere during the first half of the film he had put the seat barrier between us up and since then we had just snuggled up with each other.

His head was buried in my hoodie and I could feel his chest move up and down as he breathed against me. The popcorn and milkshake had both been devoured during the adverts before the movie even began.

"Are you okay?" I whispered in his ear so that he could hear me over the surround sound speakers of the cinema.

"Yeah, just keep holding me." His soft voice quivered. I kissed him gently on the forehead before leaning the top of my head against his and pulling his body closer.

To be fair to him, this movie was actually pretty scary so I could see where he was coming from. Although, it was kind of working in my favour right now as he was being way more touchy with me then he would have been in a normal movie.

—————

"Did you enjoy the film?" I laughed once we had sat down at our table in the Italian restaurant.

"You dick!" He kicked my leg under the table gently. "You made me watch that film knowing I would get scared so that I would get close with you!"

"What? Never! Why would I do that?" I gasped dramatically causing Oli to send another kick straight to my ankle. I just laughed at his playfully annoyed expression.

"You're such a bitch." He whined.

"You're bitch."

"Yeah until tomorrow." He sighed. Suddenly the conversation went from playful to sad as we both realised how little time we had left together.

"No no no. We're not breaking up tomorrow, I'm going to find a way to see you again." I said quickly. The last thing I wanted was to make tomorrow harder for him because he thinks we're breaking up. I didn't know if what I'd said was true or not, but I wasn't giving up on this relationship that quickly.

"Can't you tell your parents you want to say with your Aunt forever?" He whispered, looking like he was on the verge of tears.

"All I have to do is finish this year of school and then I'm free to do what I want. I'll come see you every chance I get." I whispered back.

"Promise me we will text everyday." He mumbled.

"I promise, we will talk so much by text you won't even realise I'm gone." I smiled, reaching over to grab his hand. He smiled back, though the tears in his eyes were still there.

"Can I keep the hoodie you gave me?" He laughed gently.

"Babe, you can keep as many of my hoodies as you want." I smiled.

Just then the waiter came over to the table, cutting our conversation short as we told him our orders.

—————

"I'm keeping this one and this one and this-"

"Just take all of them! I have too many back in London anyways." I smiled at my boyfriend who was current stealing half the clothes out of my wardrobe. When I said he could have some of my hoodies, I didn't think he would literally take everything from my wardrobe that he thought looked even slightly appealing.

"I know but I kinda feel bad about stealing all your clothes." He gave me a shy apologetic smile. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oli you've literally taken nearly everything out of my wardrobe without a second of hesitation, you obviously don't feel bad." I deadpanned.

"You're right I don't feel bad, I really like your clothes." He shrugged, yawning into his hand afterwards.

"I think it's time for bed." I yawned before taking my shirt off and dropping down onto the bed behind me.

"Yeah I'm exhausted." Oli huffed before flopping down on top of me.

"Ouch Oli! Get your skinny ass off of me!" I yelped, pushing him off my chest.

"You love my skinny ass really." He laughed.

"Doesn't give you the right to crush me with it!" I whined dramatically, causing him to pinch me in the arm.

"Shut up and let me sleeeeep." He mumbled into the pillow. Guess he was more tired then I thought.

I reached over to turn off the bead side lamp, leaving us in complete darkness. When I layer back down I felt Oliver's warm back pressed against my front. I wrapped one arm around his waist from behind and pulled him further into me until our two bodies felt like one.

I waited until his breaths became shallow until I shut my eyes. Leaving moments like this tomorrow is going to be hell.