Chapter 7

One day, there was a girl who fell in love with a boy in a different world
and she speaks to him at night, only in a certain light
She wore white when he wore black and they were like a perfect match
And though one was dead and one was alive
Through many years, their love did survive

Sorry for not updating either of my story's in so long. Basically I had an allergic reaction to something that's caused a really painful rash on my hand, which has made typing pretty painful. Anyways I'm back and I have the next couple of weeks off school so hopefully I can get this story done by the time I go back. Thanks for reading🔮

Josh's POV:

The forest by my aunts house was extremely pretty. The tall trees, fresh air and beautiful flowers were such a surreal sight for someone who grew up in London like me. The ground was soft and warm from the beams of sunlight which cascades down from the cracks in the tree leaves. Moss crawled it's way up the ruff tree bark of the magnificent birch trees.

It was early in the morning, no later than 8. Usually I'd refuse to even leave my room at this time, but when Oli invited me out I couldn't exactly refuse. I only had 2 and a half more weeks here, might as well make the most of it.

Before the summer I would have turned my nose up at the thought of coming to the country side, but now I'm here I never want to leave. I'll miss the hills and the cottages and the sheep that sometimes block the road. Most of all I'll miss Oli. Me and him seem to have reached a mutual agreement not to bring up the fact that in a couple of weeks I'll be moving back to the over side of the country. Neither of us ever discuss the fact that we might never see each other again once I leave.

He's sat next to me now, leaning peacefully on the side of the tree trunk. Today he's wearing a two tone pastel hoodie with light blue jeans and burgundy vans. I decided to dress in the complete opposite, black jeans and a black hoodie. He doesn't comment on the fact that I've clearly not brushed my hair this morning and am dressed like I'm going to a funeral.

"Do you want me to make you a flower crown Josh?" He smiles. Honestly this boy is so innocent, if he came to one of the parties I throw back in London he'd probably cry.

"Yeah sure." I smile back. He clearly enjoys making them so who am I to decline. We've been sat in the forest for almost an hour already and he's already made one for himself and another for his sister.

"I think I'll make yours out of blue flowers because blue is my favourite colour." He smiles like a Cheshire Cat. Could this boy get any more adorable? I know I ask myself that quite a lot but every time I think it  he does something even cuter that proves me wrong.

"When did you start coming to the forest?" I ask.

"Umm maybe when I was 2-3? Me and my sister use to have a treehouse somewhere around here but it got wrecked in a storm a few years ago." His smile never faltered as he begin to intertwine the blue flowers together to make a chain.

"What was the treehouse like?"

"My dad built it by himself for my sisters 6th birthday, so it was pretty badly constructed seen as though he wasn't a trained builder. The inside was painted pastel pink which is probably why I like pastel colours so much now, they remind me of my childhood."

"Oli?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah." He hummed.

"W-what happened to your dad?" I asked in a slightly hesitant tone. I wasn't sure if this was a touchy subject for him, we had never really discussed him before. But Oli talked about his family all the time and never mentioned a father so I assumed he hadn't been around for a while.

"He umm died a couple years ago, I was probably around 10 when he started to get really sick and then he died less than a year later." He frowned. The look on his face made my heart feel like it was breaking in two.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't hav-"

"No,no it's fine. We shouldn't think of it as a bad thing, we should think of it as a positive that he was even alive in the first place. Life is a beautiful thing, no matter how short it is." The smile returned to his face, not reaching his ears like before but big enough for it to make me feel warm again.

"I wish I was like you Oli. Always looking on the bright side." I sighed. He simply crawled over to me so that he was kennelling right in front of my legs. With a smile he reached up and placed the finished flower crown on my head. I couldn't help but return his contagious grin.

"You look so pretty Josh. The flowers match your eyes, that's why blue is my favourite colour." I could feel my cheeks instantly heat up at his cute compliment.

We stared at each other in silence. I could hear his breathing echo through the silence surrounding us. His eyes were even prettier from up close. His lips looked incredibly soft.

"O-Oliver can I kiss you?" I stuttered nervously. He nodded eagerly before starting to lean it.

I leant in too, watching his eyes flutter shut mere inches from my face. Mine fell shut with the power of our lips colliding. His skin felt soft like velvet and he tasted like vanilla birthday cake. He hands moved to grab mine that were against his pale cheeks as our lips melted together. We could have been there for seconds, days, years, who knows. The moment felt like eternity.

His nose softly bumped into my own as we continued to kiss gently. It was nothing like the kisses I shared with the boys I slept with back in London. No, this was completely different. And in that moment I discovered that Oliver Sykes was the only thing I needed in this world.

Fuck the party's, fuck the hookups; being alone with him was a whole kind of different pleasure. One that gave me more than just a temporary high and one that felt better than anything I'd ever experienced. Maybe I was exaggerating, but nothing in my life had ever felt so right before.