18: The First Quidditch Match

Start from the beginning

"Oh, quiet, Potter, we're not risking this game for anything...people already think we're lower for having not one, but two first-years on the team. We're proving them wrong. Besides, I have a good feeling about this game. Come on you two," he stated, waving them in.

In the tent, the team was huddled together, chatting happily. The twins were hyping everyone up, earning an annoyed glare from Oliver.

Angelina was in the tent, a weak smile on her face as her arm was held in a sling. She noticed Anna and gave a kind wave, coming over to her. "Hi, Anna, are you excited for your first game?"

She gave a smile, "Yeah, I wouldn't miss it for anything. I guess I'm a bit nervous, though."

Angelina laughed. "Wow, you're making me feel bad, you just got out of a coma and are coming back while I took the season off because of a shattered arm."

"You're probably a lot smarter than I am."

"Anna, I'm sure you're brilliant, I've heard you're great at magic!" she said kindly. "Anyway, I won't talk your ear off, but I just wanted to wish you good luck! You're going to do fantastic."

"Thanks, Angelina. I can't for us to both be on the team next year," said Anna with a grin.

With that, she headed to the group of teammates. Oliver was speaking, but George leaned over to Harry and Anna, whispered, "Oh great, you get to hear one of Oliver's famous hype speeches."

"We have it memorized," continued Fred. "Purely motivational, touching, really."

"Quiet, you two," grumbled Oliver. "Okay, men-"

"And women!" exclaimed Angelina from behind them.

Oliver's cheeks turned rosy. "Erm, yeah, sorry. Anyway, this is it. This is the best team Gryffindor has had in years. We're going to win, I know it. Right, it's time, good luck all of you."

Everyone cheered, especially the twins. Harry and Anna quickly got into their gear and joined the team on the Pitch...and that's when the nerves started to bubble in them.

The heightened stands held hundreds of students of all ages. The whole school had attended the game, it was the first one of the year, after all. Some older students had extravagant banners, rooting for either Gryffindor or Slytherin. Almost everyone was in gear that supported their house. The two caught the eyes of Ron and Hermione, who cheered and waved to them.

Anna quickly smiled back and looked for one person in particular: Draco Malfoy. Her identical eyes met his in the sea of emerald green. He was wedged in-between Crabbe and Goyle, who were cheering mindlessly.

Draco's eyes widened upon seeing her, quickly mouthing 'how?' and pointing to his head as if he had the same bandages she did.

Anna dramatically motioned as if she had a lion's mane, symbolizing bravery. The boy just rolled his eyes and laughed, giving a thumbs-up to her. In turn, an older boy behind him yelled "Blood-traitor!" at Anna and proceeded to scold Draco for showing a shred of kindness.

She frowned but quickly went with the rest of the team in the center of the pitch. She stood next to Harry, mounting her broom like the rest of the game.

The captains shook hands, and like that, the game began.

The players shot into the sky quickly. Harry was immediately overwhelmed, his eyes scanning for the golden snitch. Anna, on the other hand, already had the quaffle in her arm.

"Aannnd the quaffle is immediately taken by Anna Black of Gryffindor! She's a rather good chaser, better than the whole Slytherin team combined-"

"JORDAN!" hollered McGonagall with a scowl. The boy quickly muttered an apology while many laughed.