16: Revival

~e d i t e d~

Anna Black was standing before her mother, feeling an immense amount of pressure under the woman's expectant gaze. She had to make the decision to snap out of the coma and return to her normal life, or she could pass on and eternally be with her mother.

The choice was quite a difficult one, but she went with her instinct.

"Mom, I'm so sorry...I really need to go back," said Anna quietly, her eyes welling with tears. "I know it's stupid but-"

Leah held up a hand. "You don't need to provide an explanation. Anna, you are a true Gryffindor. You are so courageous...you're so much like your father. I really wish I could have gotten to know you. Don't worry, we will meet again."

The woman was taken aback by the sudden motion of her daughter roughly embracing her. She could feel Anna tensing from trying to hold back tears. "I love you so much, mom."

"Honey, I love you too," said Leah, looking down at the girl with tears in her own eyes. "But just remember, a part of me will always be with you wherever you are."

Leah broke the embrace and gently reached forward. She held Anna's pendant in her hand...it was the blue heart necklace she had left in the Gringotts Vault for her daughter. She had received it during her own school years, it was a gift from Sirius.

Upon holding the stone, it glowed bright blue through her hand. Anna immediately felt a rush of warmth throughout her body. It was so comforting.

"I don't understand, how-"

"When you need anything, just hold the heart in your hand. I'm always here, even if it doesn't feel like it," explained the woman. "But I am afraid we have reached the end of our time together."

Anna just sniffled and nodded. She instantly regretted her decision. She had finally had a chance to reunite with her mother and she blew it, she wasted it. But there was no going back now.

Leah took her daughter's hand and led her through the meadow. The light was growing brighter and brighter before them. Her voice was hard as she began to speak. "Anna, you must remember something."

"What?"

"He's innocent," she said seriously.

"Who?" asked Anna quickly. "I saw your note and I don't understand-"

"I can't say. I'm not allowed to mess with fate. But when you see him, look into his eyes and remember my words. He. Is. Innocent. He's an idiot, yes, but he has never committed a crime," stated Leah. There was a tinge of annoyance in her voice. She couldn't help but be bitter with Sirius' actions.

But Anna still felt clueless. Nonetheless, she just nodded. "Okay, I'll try to remember."

"Goodbye, Anna, I love you more than life itself," said Leah, giving her one last hug before nudging her into the light.

And, at once, Anna Black was back in the hospital wing. Her grey eyes snapped open and she started coughing immediately.

It was not a smooth transition at all. It were as if she were awoken from the deepest sleep with no warning.

"A-Anna?!" stuttered Draco, shocked at the current scene.

The girl quickly looked to her left and was greeted with the sight of her cousin. "Well, hello to you too."

The boy quickly engulfed her in a hug, causing the girl to wince. She physically and emotionally felt destroyed, but she appreciated the rare act of kindness from the seemingly cold boy.

"I thought you weren't going to make it-"

"I know," said Anna with a smirk. "I heard everything you said."

Draco immediately pulled back. "You, you did?"

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone," she said kindly upon seeing his embarrassed expression. "I agree, though, I think we should definitely be friends. It would've been a shame if we never got the chance to."

Draco was about to agree, but the doors opened and Harry came in followed by Ron and Hermione.

"Anna!" exclaimed the three, running to hug her, pushing Draco out of the way. The boy frowned upon one of their short interactions being interrupted once again.

The three started chattering away with her, but only Harry noticed the lack of a smile on her face. There was a look of deep sadness...he couldn't quite figure out why.

"Oh, dears, move out of the way! You're going to suffocate her!" exclaimed Madame Pomfrey as she ran over to the girl. "I need to take a look at her, grab her vitals. You can wait outside!"

"But-"

"You heard me!"

"Excuse me," said Anna carefully. "I feel fine, really...can I at least have Harry or Draco here?"

Harry's brow furrowed immediately upon the blond's name, shooting him a glare. Draco just smirked. "You heard her, Potter."

"Oh, and what are we? Chopped liver?" asked Ron grumpily.

The woman sighed. "Just say your goodbyes. Anna should be able to leave tomorrow morning."

Harry asked, "Anna, how did you come back?"

"I revived her," said Draco snarkily. "She came back when I was talking to her."

Anna gave a weak smile. "If even this idiot wanted me back, I guess it was time."

Harry frowned, wondering if Anna even knew how many hours he had spent in the Hospital Wing with her. "Well, either way it's a good thing you're back."

"Yeah, I guess," she said, her kind expression wavering. "I'm pretty tired-"

"Was six days not enough?" asked Draco inreduously.

The girl laughed. "That wasn't real sleep. And besides, Madame Pomfrey needs to check me. I'll see you guys tomorrow though. Please try to get some sleep, you look exhausted."

The two boys decided against arguing and just said their goodbyes, both hugging her before leaving.

Anna let the nurse check her vitals but she didn't pay much mind. She knew what she saw in the meadow wouldn't leave her head and heart.

She already missed her mother.