Chapter 1

It was a normal morning in the Stray Kid's dorm, well, as normal as it could be. Each member was focused on their own task,

Minho was in his room, organizing his bundles. Seungmin was making fried eggs, like he always did. Jisung was trying to wake Hyunjin up, but failed, eventually just letting him sleep. Changbin was in the bathroom, taking a shower. Felix was giving Jeongin a massage on the couch.

"I'm home." Chan said as he walked through the door, carrying a bag of groceries. 

"Hey hyung!" Seungmin greeted as Chan placed the groceries on the table. 

"Hey Seungmin." He replied, yawning.

"Stayed up late writing songs again?" Seungmin asked, grabbing a cup of coffee and handing it to the older male.

Chan nodded, murmured a "Thanks" and went into the living room.

"What're you watching guys?" Chan asked as he sipped his coffee.

"The news." Jeongin replied.

"... In other, more serious news, there may be a serial killer lurking around." The news reporter onscreen said.  "Last night, there has been 5 deaths, here in District 9.  The five victims are..."

Chan choked on his coffee in shock as the names of the victims were read.  Jisung, who had just came into the living room, ran over to him and patted his back. Minho and Changbin, who were done showering and organizing, followed close behind him.  At the same time, Seungmin came into the room with their eggs.

"Hyung? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Jeongin asked as Chan stumbled over to the couch and sat down in a shocked daze.

"I-" he started, staring at the tv, which showed the pictures of the five victims on the screen. "One of the victims was my mother..."