Chapter 5

Last chapter recap:

Conner (Celine’s brother) was holding knife and was sitting beside her bed as she just woke up. Celine is still lying down and she’s shocked.

Melody has a date.

Chapter 5

Celine’s POV

“Uhh Conner? What exactly do you think you’re doing?” I asked, scared to sit up, so I continued to lie down.

“Celine, Celine, Celine,” he said twisting the knife in his hands, “Let’s play a game. It’s called ‘Who wants to be with mum?’”

“No thanks Conner, I’m actually good staying alive,” I said, with a bit of humor in my voice.

“Alright!” Conner screamed, stabbing the knife on the pillow. My heart literally broke into so many pieces at that moment. If I turned just a bit, I would come face to face with the blade of the knife. Conner leaned over close to my ear, like he wanted to tell me a secret.

“Why exactly do you have theories of me, killing YOUR mom?!” Conner whispered into my ear loudly.

“I-I don’t know what you mean!” I exclaimed, pushing my brother off of me. He flew back on to his chair and sat down, the hair going all in front of his face like side bangs, and a sly smile slowly creeped on to his lips.

“You know perfectly well what I mean,” he said calmly, “I heard your theories. Are you trying to get me sent away again? I know you don’t believe me but I’ve only killed one person in my life… And you know who that is…”

“What about Kayla?” I asked, sitting up and making sure the blade didn’t cut my eye.

“I wouldn’t call that kill, more like love to death..” he smirked, the sly smile creeping on to his face some more as he sat on the edge of his chair and peered in.

“Do you believe me?” Conner asked.

“I don’t know why, but I think you’re being honest and so for now, yes,” I blabbed, confused that those words actually came out of my mouth. “But how?”

“How what?” Conner asked, confused.

“How did you know about my theories?” I asked

“Well, you kind of speak to yourself out loud when you’re worried….especially when you’re sleeping..”  He confessed, “It’s like you are completing a checklist as Sherlock Holmes or something.”

“For real!” I replied shocked, “That doesn’t sound sexy at all!”

“Really? Is that all you care about?” Conner asked, his eyes widening.

“No, if you didn’t kill our mom, then who did?” I wondered.

-&-

The familiar buzzing of the bell woke my senses up to realize that school has finally started. I slowly dragged myself across the hallway, around where Dylan and his friends were. My bright red high top converses were going to hate me for this. As I was making my way to him, I noticed that Dylan’s face was all around the school. I mean come on! School just started and he has already started his campaign for student council president.