Seeing Her Once Again

(Credits to this picture from PINTEREST) *I DO NOT OWN THIS PICTURE*

Lawless

"Lawless, wake up... Wake up Lawless." I slowly opened my eyes when I heard someone calling my name from a distance. My eyes blinded by the bright ball of light above me making my sight a little blury.

Waiting for my blury eyes to come back to reality, I saw and looked at the beautiful blue sky with clouds making different figures, birds flying and chirping across my vision, and the sound of the wind tickling through my ears made me close my eyes once again.

I never felt this relaxed in all my life, knowing how I wondered when was the last time I've ever relaxed just makes me want to remember all those memories that happened a long time ago. I don't want to remember those memories anymore. I thought I moved on, but actually... I didn't. I didn't like it. I hated it.

I know I'm still broken inside. My broken subconscious just wants to stay inside of me. Locking itself up, hidden inside a dark cage, but it all went to waste for now when i finally felt the cold wind of the breeze, laying down on the soft grass and a pile of leaves falling off the branches of the trees and the sun shining bright at me. It felt so nice. It felt like spring. I felt so free, that It felt like I'm in paradise once again.

"Lawless..." My eyes widened as I looked around to find that person calling my name again. It sounded like a woman, but I couldn't see her anywhere. I got up and decided to find that mysterious voice.

I was walking all around the beautiful natures of green following the sound of that female voice. Turning my head around while walking and listening to where that voice came from, the sound of the voice echoing with the breeze in every direction making it hard for me to hear where the sound came from.

As I walked further, I saw a old fountain with flowing water in it. The fountain had a statue of a young lady wearing a beautiful dress. She looked like a princess.

I looked at the water inside the fountain. I can see my reflection and a background of the blue sky around me. "Lawless... Help..." I heard the voice again. It was louder than where I woke up from a while ago. It sounded like it was calling for help.

"Lawless, Help me...!" I closed my ears as the voice was starting to scream louder and louder as I start to question myself.

Is this a dream?

Am I dreaming?

Who is that voice calling me?

Do I know her?

Does she... Know me?

She was screaming, calling for help. My help. How can I help her? Where is she? Where can I find her? Her screams made my ears start to feel pain. It hurt so bad that it was gonna bleed.

"Lawless... Please help me!" Her screams were clearer now. I can hear her as I got near the fountain. My ears start to hurt even more. I tried to cover them but it was no use.

I was finally able to open my eyes. I looked around and my eyes were shokingly wide as saw the trees completely naked. No leaves where in each branch. Plants, all dried. They've all fallen off the ground.

The sky was no longer blue. It turned into my most seen color that I've known for a very long time. The first color that I saw before I became a monster. The color red.

I wasn't afraid of the scenery because I got used to seeing this during the historic times ruled by Kings and Queens. Wars came after another, and people dying by execution and treason.

It all came back to me. Those memories that I want to forget, even in a short period of time. Then she came...

"Lawless, my Romeo~"

She just stood there right in front of me. A distance away while her looking down. I watched her with my eyes widened, surprised to see her.

Then she slowly moved her head up, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

The scenery changed when she started floating. The place turned into the scene which I tried my best to make it disappear for a very long time. The scene which was locked away inside of me for a hundred years suddenly came back to life.

I watched her as she floated. I looked around and saw the scenery changing into a couple of old fashioned houses. It wad the village that I used to go and be in.

Then right in front of me, I saw her landing on a large platform. It was more like a stage than a large flat rock. I got surprised when I saw a huge amount of people suddenly appeared all around me.

I know what was gonna happen. This already happened before. The memory I felt very guilty for all of my life.

She was desperate, but a fool. She was the one who made that decision in the first place. She didn't agree with my idea. All she wanted was peace between her and the other Kingdom. But it all went to waste.

She knew what was gonna happen. She knew that it will happen. If she knew that it will happen, then why does she have to do it...? WHY?!

Everyone was looking at her. She was looking at us. Then she looked at me. I think there was a chance for me to do it. Maybe if I tell her one more time, then maybe she would listen.

I took a deep breath as she was talking to her royal subjects. I wanted to tell her, I always want to. But I was too stupid enough to even say three words to her. "Your royal highness! Why do you have to do this...? If you want to defend our Kingdom, then why must you do this?" She looked at me, then she gave me a little smile. Waiting for her to answer, she finaly spoke.

"I know you all are wondering or upset on why I am doing this. But I know that by doing this, I can make our kingdom a better place for peace, love and friendship as one. Lawless, for the past years of my life, you are a very kind, brave, caring, and very important person to me in the whole world. You were the one who gave me strength in becoming a great ruler of my dear Kingdom. And I want to give you my thanks for helping me overcoming my biggest fears and help me fix the troubles I'd caused. You are a great and kind man."

"Ophelia..." My tears started to fall down my eyes when said those words to me. She was looking at me smiling with tears drops fall off from her eyes as well.

"My princess, you don't have to do this. We can start all over if you want, we can change the past right. Just you and me, together, we can make our own future. Please stop what you're doing and come with me. We can make our own future, together. Please don't leave us... Don't leave me..."

The scenery changed again. The background started disappearing leaving me, Ophelia, and her above the platform with an executor holding a large weapon behind her.

"I'm very sorry Lawless, I can't, I don't have any choice. This is the only way to bring peace between our Kingdom and my husbands Kingdom."

"But Ophelia..."

"I know it's not easy, but I have to do this for my Kingdom. Please Lawless, I hope you'll understand. You won't be able to see me, but just to promise you this, I will always stay right by your side." The executor raises the huge weapon up over her.

"Ophelia, wait!"

"Goodbye, Lawless. You'll always be my one and only Romeo. Please... Forgive me..."

*...........~swoosh~............*

"OPHELIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

To Be Continued...