𝐯- 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐬

Start from the beginning

For a second the two of them just should there. For a wonderful second Sophie pretended not to have a care in the world, to feel like a kid, the childhood that she never did get to have. She stood there admiring this incredible boy in front of her. He was her rock; there to steady her through anything that got thrown at them.

And then she was brought back to reality once Keefe wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly and whispering reassuring words.

"Go get'em Foster."

(a/n: cue the music for those of you who were patient *cough cough*)

Sophie came to a sudden halt as she saw a figure emerge from the trees. She immediately pulled out her dagger and got ready to attack if needed. She sighed in relief as she realized it was only her brunette friend, Biana.

"Biana, it's you." Sophie sighed and put away her weapon.

The youngest Vacker grinned even under the circumstances they were in.

"Good thing you didn't throw that dagger."
Sophie ran-up to her and embraced her for a second, and then pulled back.

       "We carry on through the storm"

           "Tired soldiers in this war"

      "Remember what we're fighting for"

          "Meet me on the battlefield"

         "Even on the darkest nights"

"Come on, we have to keep moving."

They trudge as quiet and quickly as they can. From what Sophie had seen, the Black Swan seemed to be winning, but they still had to get back to the base.

       "Echo's of the shots ring out"

At the sound of a twig snapping, both girls turned around and drew their weapons. Just the luck they had. Of course, they had to run into Vespera.

       "Meet me on the battlefield"

  "Well, what a pleasant surprise!"

They slowly turned around and come face to face with the cruel empath.

"Pleasant, isn't exactly the word I would use."
Sophie gritted her teeth.

Vespera turned towards Sophie and smiled maliciously.

"Oh come in moonlark, if you corporate and make things easier, then no one else will get hurt, even your little friend here, as much as I would like to hurt her" she pointed towards Biana's direction.

Vespera continued on,

"All you have to do is come with us, which shouldn't be too hard anyway since you would be finally joining the right side and-"

Sophie scoffed in response.

"No."

Vespera narrowed her eyes,
"No? So thats how it is huh?"

Sophie, though internally cowering in fear, stood her ground with her head held high.

"I told you she wouldn't do it."

For a second Vespera seemed crazy, talking to no one in particular, but then a hooded figure appeared, with the neverseen eye symbol displayed on it, only then did reality set in and Sophie realized that she was foolish enough to believe that the empath was alone.

In a flash, the figure pulled out bow and arrow pulled it back and let it fly. Sophie barely was able to push Biana out of the way before it hit her.

Then once she regained her balance, Sophie was up, pulling out daggers with her non-injured hand and aiming at both Vespera and the hooded person. She was able to hit the figure in the shoulder, cutting pretty deep and got Vespera by the leg, but not before getting hit herself. The arrow pierced through her forearm eliciting a hiss from Sophie as she felt pain flood through her arm.

Biana hurled herself at the two Neverseen members telling Sophie to run. She hesitated but eventually decided to find their base after seeing that Biana had everything handled.

So she did the only thing she could do. Run.

She ran as far as her feet could carry her.

Hating that it was the second time today that she was running away from her problems, literally.

She stopped after a while and applied pressure to her shoulder wound, which luckily wasn't so bad.

She then came into a clearing and immediately became happy at the sight she saw. Keefe. He was there. It was going to be ok. But just as soon as it lightened, her mood plummeted because Keefe had company. Another neverseen member. She couldn't identify them and decided that they were someone that she didn't know.

Sophie quietly trudged closer, but without giving away her location. Not yet at least. Just she was about to give away her location, the guy pulled out a gun and aimed it at Keefe's chest. The blonde jumped out of the trees, and startled, the neverseen member pulled the trigger. The bullet hit her chest and her body went limp, hitting the ground with a thud as pain coursed through her.

Echos and the shots ring out

We may be the first the fall

Sophie clenched her teeth to prevent a whimper that tried to escape her mouth. In surprise and alarm, the figure ran off and left them alone. Idiot.

Meet me on the Battlefield

Keefe sprinted to her side, shock raiding from him.

"Sophie?"

His voice was wobbly as he spoke.

"When you said you'd take a bullet for me I didn't think you meant it literally."

She let out a wheezy laugh and stroked his cheek.

He then saw the bullet wound that hit her chest and as their eyes locked, both of them knew it was bad. Blood was gushing and much to Keefe's efforts to stop the bleeding, it just kept coming. Sophie's breathing became ragged as black spots appeared in her vision.

Keefe's eyes blurred and his voice was thick with emotion as he said,

"You'll be fine, I promise."

He began to fuse with the makeshift bandages he made, but Sophie reached up and cradled his cheek in her hand.

"Keefe, I'm dying, there's nothing to can do about it."

It came out as a hoarse whisper.

He only continued to try to help, not realizing the gravity of the situation.

"No don't say that! You're going to make it. You've made it through worse."

"It's ok, honestly, I knew this day would come sooner or later. I've come to peace with it."

Sophie's body began to still and grow cold.
Tears were streaming down his cheeks as Keefe desperately tried to keep his world from crumbling; keep her alive.

"NO, I refuse to believe it will end like this!"

Sophie's eyes started to droop closed and her hand went stiff.

"I love you Keefe Sencen. Don't stay hung up on the past. I want you to move on and have a good life, be happy. I know..."

She was gone.

That was it.

Keefe kissed her cheek, then her nose, forehead, her lips. Anything to get her to come back. To see her smile, laugh, have her eyes light up, hug him,

One.

Last.

Time.

Meet me on the Battlefield

We could change it all