Chapter Eighteen

Começar do início

I shake my head, "No, just trying to think of one." I cover

He straightens out, "If one comes to mind, come find me as soon as possible. I don't want him out there after dusk."

"Yes, father."

He walks off back towards the boys and Uncle Benjen. Once the adults have gone, I rush back up to Robb and Theon. "Rave, Uncle Benjen told us Jon's missing."

"I know, Father just told me. But, Robb, I think I may know where he went."

"What? How?" Theon asks

"Let's just say it's a twin thing."

"Well," Robb urges, "where is he?"

"The hill. The one where we saw the execution today."

"Why would he go there?"

"It's a quiet place, away from the castle and everyone in it. That's where I'd go."

Robb starts walking in the direction the eldest Starks walked off in, "We should tell Father right away."

"No, I need to talk to him first."

"So what? We sneak away?" Theon asks

Robb shakes his head, "With Jon out there, Father will have the guards on high alert. We won't be able to just walk out the front gate."

"That's why we need a distraction."I grin

"Who's going to do that?" The ward voices. Robb and I look to one another, then back to Theon, "Me?" we nod, "Why do I have to be the one?"

"Because this is a conversation for siblings. No offense, Theon, but you're not that."

The iron islander huffs, rolling his eyes, "None taken." he sighs, "Alright, I'll try my best."

The three of us start to plan this "adventure". Theon is to distract the stable boys and guards while Robb and I ride off to the clearing through the back gate.

The plan starts off just fine, Theon challenges the boys to a sword fight, they fall for it, and the guards rush to intervene. While this goes on Robb and I get our horses out without anyone noticing. It all goes off without a hitch, that is until we get to the gate.

"Going somewhere?" a voice inquires

"Uncle Benjen." Robb acknowledges with a wide, slightly scared smile, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just wondering what my lovely niece and nephew are up to."

"Just, uh, going out for a ride." I grimace at my stutter.

"Is that right? This ride wouldn't happen to lead you straight to Jon would it?" Robb and I share a look, "Ah, it would! And why, pray tell, have neither of you informed your father?"

I sigh, "We wanted to talk to him first." I look down, kicking the ground lightly

"Why would that be?"

I look back up to meet his calm gaze, "I'm the reason he's out there, so I should be the one to bring him home."

Benjen smiles, "Alright, you two be careful. Do act with haste, if you're not back by dusk, I'm going to have to inform your father."

"Yes, Uncle."

'"Where will you be heading?"

"The clearing from earlier," Robb informs

"Best be on your way, then. It was quite the ride over."

"Thank you, Uncle." We mount our horses and ride off down the road.