Chapter Two

No One's POV

Catelyn stood there over the cribs on the twins.  It had been nearly a week since Ned had brought them to Winterfell. She had been hoping he would come to his senses, and send them away, but damn northern men and their honor. She still couldn't see why he had to bring them here. Why couldn't he just leave them with their mother, and be done with it?

She looked down at the sleeping babies. She will admit that they're pretty cute, but that's not important. She looks at them and all she sees is her husbands betrayal. One small tear escapes her eye. How could he do this?

All she wishes is for them to be gone. Just let them fall ill. She knows deep, deep, deep down  in her heart that is wrong to say but she really doesn't care. She wants them gone, and at any cost.

She hears footsteps in the hall. She knows how it would look if she was caught in the room alone, in the middle of the night with the Snows. Everybody in Winterfell knew her feelings about the twins. Most likely they would think she was up to no good, no matter what it wouldn't look good.

The footsteps continued down the hall, and she heard a door close. She left the room with much haste after the door closing had woken up one of the twins. She turned the corner, and saw a servant open the door.  There was a baby's cry then there was nothing. The servant walked out. Catelyn walked back to her chambers, and she went to bed. Having nothing but the babies on her mind.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Writers block is all too real with this story.