I enter the canopy of trees as another bullet grazes me slightly, I can feel the sting in my skin as it makes its presence known but sores by.

Luck must be on my side tonight, I push myself even harder once I'm in the darkness, praying to the angel I don't do something stupid like fall over a twig like one of those idiotic girls in horror films. I try to alternate between looking forward and to the ground but it's not so easy. I'm running blind but if I can't see where I'm heading neither can he. I don't hear his feet crunching behind me anymore. It's possible that I've lost him but I'm not willing to take that chance.

After a few more minutes I start to grow tired, the effects of the chloroform still weighing my body down. I come to a stop by a large oak tree, one that has a lot of branches for cover. I scale the tree as fast as I can taking cover amongst the leaves. I'm on the highest branch and I hope the darkness acts as my shield. A minute passes by and then the man stops right underneath me seemingly out of breath.

He starts to look all around him, almost as if he can feel my presence. I cover my mouth with my hand and try to hold my breath.

Don't look up, don't look up.

I say in my head over and over like a mantra but he looks up. As if by simply saying the words will keep me safe. I don't know if he spots me yet but if I can see him I'm almost positive he can see me.

"Come down little girl, the fire in your hair gives you away." I glance at the tree desperate for something, anything to use as a weapon but I come up short. Then I remember the necklace I wear around my neck. It's a thick rope like
band with the pendant of a phoenix on it. I quietly undo my necklace and place the pendant in my pocket it will only get in the way.
It's not quite long enough to wrap around his throat all the way but I'll make it work, beggars can't be choosers.
I quickly scan the ground around him when I see it, a large branch with a sharp point. Perfect to slice through his throat, that's the goal. I wonder why he hasn't used his gun, while I've been up here, I think back to the night with Johnathan, " I love to play with my toys," he had said and I love to be underestimated.
I tear off a small but heavy limb and fling it down onto his head as hard as I can and he dodges it but I expect that. I hurl myself out of the tree and pull the rope necklace around his neck while he's distracted by my diversion. I pull as hard as I can but it snaps in two. I'm able to knock the gun out of his hand in the struggle. I can't wrap my fingers around it as it flies into the darkness.

"It's okay, I don't need a gun to end your life."

His words put a smile on my face because now that he's unarmed I know I have him.
He circles me as my feet stay planted to the ground, my eyes trained on him with hatred. He has no idea who the hell he's dealing with but he will. In the ring, I'm controlled but out here fighting for my life? I'm not going for harm, I'm going for the kill.

He launches himself at me and as he's inches from impact I dodge him, before he can even spin around I send my first flying, I hear a crack as it connects with his skull. Without hesitation, I shove my palm under his nose with as much force as I can muster.

"You bitch!" He says as he sends his first out meant for my cheek but it doesn't hit its mark. I take his arm and twist it until I hear a satisfying snap, then I do the same with the other one as I kick him in the groin to end it. He won't be getting up from that. Not anytime soon at least.

"You have two broken arms, a broken nose, and a split head, who's the little girl now?" I scream, I know I should run, run for help, run to safety even though I have no idea where that is but I'm so tired of running.

"Who's the little girl now?" I repeat.

"Still you Princess, that boyfriend of yours he's next on my list."

"Excuse me?!"

"After I took you for Valentine, I'm supposed to kill your little boyfriend. Which I will."

"How do you think you can manage that from the ground, "I growl.

"Because I'm going to walk out of here and when I do your boyfriend, as well as your friends, are dead, dead, dead."

I pick up the branch that I spotted earlier, the one with the triangular sharp edge, " you won't kill me, " he gloats, " you don't have it in you sweet cheeks. Plus it's not in self-defense, you kill me now its orange jumpsuits for you. Besides, you wouldn't want to make daddy angry, would you?"

I bend down so he can see my face clearly, "Well at least it will match my hair."
His smirk disappears once he sees my expression, " my father sent his son to kill his only daughter what makes you think he gives a fuck about you?"

"Clary! I'm sorry!"

"Too late, " I say bringing the branch down as hard as I can smashing his skull.

Thanks for reading Angels! Don't forget to vote and comment! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Published on 4/22/19