Chapter 31

"Babe, are you really going to force me to go to dinner with some guy who is drooling all over you."

"Simon doesn't drool, he's just protective and I don't even know if he's going to show up, he might still be too mad at me."

"And what about Sebastian? I definitely saw some drool there." I grimace at the mention of his name. Earlier I almost went postal on his ass but just before I got up to talk some sense into him or more like knocking the sense into him, Jace latched onto my hand and said, " as much as I would love to watch you kick his ass, he's not worth it. Besides if you get suspended, I'll have to cut school every day just to be near you. You wouldn't want my education to be ruined now would you?"

Instantly my heated temper simmered down as I told Sebastian to either deal in silence or suffer from a distance. He chose distance, thank the Angel. I don't think things would have gone over too well if he stayed.

"Sebastian is acting like a dick because well I don't really know maybe he's just always been that way and I never realized. Simon is just trying to look out for me, trust me he doesn't have feelings for me."

"Clary baby, he so does."
That's absolutely ridiculous, everyone thinks that because of how close we are.

"No he doesn't Jace, I promise you. I would have known."

"The first time we met his kissed you when he realized how crazy I was about you. God knows I made it no secret, that was him making his move on you before I did ."

Okay, so that does look bad.
"No," I argue, Simon explained that right after it happened. He was just trying to scare you off. Lucky for me it didn't work," I say smiling as I kiss him on the cheek, "stop worrying."

"Before you I never once got jealous, what are you doing to me Ember?"

"The same thing you're doing to me," I coyly reply. I kinda like how he gets jealous and even admits it because if I'm being honest with myself I've found my self discovering that same green-eyed monster for the first time, can't say I'm exactly a fan of the feeling but I'm definitely a fan of the man that invokes it.

"Yeah, but it's worse for me you have two guys drooling over you like a puppy at all times. I'm not a fan of that," he says oblivious to the fact that the majority of the girls in this school would fall at his feet and have actually fallen at his feet.

"Oh please Wayland, you walk into a room and girls leave their boyfriends. In fact, Kaelie just cornered me into a bathroom to tell me about your special connection. I almost punched her."

He looks at me confusion in his eyes, "who?"

I can't help it, I burst out laughing, I knew she was full of shit, she always is, "just some desperate bitch trying to mess with me. It's okay though I handled it without violence! It's this new thing I'm trying."

"I love your violent streak, everyone you threaten deserves your wrath. It's the hottest thing I've ever seen, you're so..."

A loud knock sounds on the door interrupting Jace. "Guys, stop making out, let's go! I'm hungry! You won't like me when I'm hungry, I get cranky!"

"Opposed to how you always are? Isabel Lightwood that's how you are ninety-seven percent of the time," Jace smirks at the closed door. Making me wish I had a sibling of my own... a normal one. Fates a bitch isn't it? I've always wanted a damn brother, so the universe gives me one. A psychopathic murderer of a brother.

"Rude," she calls out turning the doorknob, "three seconds to get decent," she yells bringing me back to reality.

She opens the door and sighs in relief thank the Angel you're dressed. You keep talking shit Jace, my new best friend will beat you up."