Post Battle Bonfire!

Angel P

Angel P.O.V

As the snow came down I snuggled into Emmett's arms as Jake dropped wood down for the bonfire. I looked over as Benjamin played with the fire on his fingertips before throwing the flames into the wood making a roaring bonfire.

Jake smirked. "That's what I'm talkin' about." He sat down. "A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories.." He looked toward the others as Emmett sat beside him pulling me into his lap. "Or just standing there like frickin' statues."

Garrett appeared at my side throwing a stick into the fire. "Name any American battle. I was there."

Jake smirked before looked back over at him."Little Bighorn."

Garrett held out his hand. "I came this close to biting Custer. But the Indians got him first."

Kate appeared sitting so close to Garrett it looked like she was sitting in his lap." Tey Oleg's assult on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own."

Liam and the other Irish vampire appeared. "Ir you're talking battle, you're talking the Eleven Year's war. No one does rebellion like the Irish."

Garrett looked up. "You lost the Eleven Year's war."

Liam smirked. "Aye. But it was one hell of a rebellion."

Vladimir and Stefan joined the group. Vladimir looked up. "When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seeker," he looked up at me ,"princesses." He looked back at the fire as Emmett growled. " Such was our power. But we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints."

Stefan looked up. "We were honest about what we were."

"We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were beginning to petrify."

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned out castles."

"We've been waiting 15,000 years to return the favor. We have been ready to do battle for ages."

I rolled my eyes."Just remember you two this is not a battle. If it comes to it yes we will fight but we don't want a fight." I kissed Emmett's cheek. "I'm gonna go get the twins and put them down for the night."

Getting up I went to were Seth and Leah were with the twin. "Come on sweetie its time for bed. Tell everyone good night."

The twins hugged Leah and Seth before taking my hand. Before I could lead them to the tent Aurora tugged on my hand. "Mama can we got tell them good night." She was pointing toward the bonfire.

"Okay." I walked them over thinking they were meaning Emmett,Jake, Dad and Bree. Letting go they ran to Emmett hugging him telling him goodnight before hugging Jake. Before they moved for dad and Bree. Bree swinging them both making them giggle like she always did. Then to my surprise they started making their rounds. Aurora ran to Garrett and Kate first hugging them telling them goodnight as Kellan ran to Tanya. Then they moved to Ben then the other Denali's and the Irish coven. Then it was Peter and Charlotte then Zafrina and Senna before running back to me taking my hands.

Leading them to the tent I saw Bella and Renesmee cuddled. "Did we interrupt something?"

"No everything is okay."

Getting the twins in they settled down on either side on Renesmee like they always did holding her hands for comfort. Me and Bella sat in the tent with them as they all fell asleep. I smiled at the picture the three made all together asleep. they were so precious together.

Looking over to Bella I knew she would want to sit a little longer. "I'm gonna be outside."

"Go ahead. I know like me you are antsy about tomorrow. Don't worry. I'll be in here with the twins."

"Thanks sis."

Leaving the tent I went back toward the fire and noticed there were a few people missing. "Where is Emmett?"

Jake looked up. "He is over talking with Carlisle, Edward and Your dad and uncle."

"Okay." Moving away from the fire I walked over to the edge of the group looking out into the woods my mind going to tomorrow.

Other then the Sekkari we already had there another group of 20 had arrived. We have a good size group if it comes to it. I would just hate for tomorrow to come to a fight. I didn't want to lose anyone. Not to mention the soon this was all over the sooner Rose's new daughter could be brought home to be with her new mother an father.

One of the new Sekkari who had come had brought Rose a picture and one of her blankets so Rose had some of her scent.I remembered Rose holding the blanket to her nose and saying she smelled like flowers. Hopefully that meant like with me she has no scent of blood to both anyone.

"You deserve so much more then this poor life." I was jolted from my thoughts to the voice behind me. I spun around to see Vladimir coming out of the darkness. Why did I have to move so far from the group.

"What do you want?"

He looked me over in a way that made my skin crawl. I sent out a mental scream from assistance hoping Edward heard me. Vladimir moved closer reaching out fingering a strand of hair.

"I'm curious. What appeal does these weaklings have for you."

I growled my anger rising as he insulted my family. "These weaklings as you so put it is my family and one is my husband so watch what you say."

"I truly am curious. What is his appeal to you? I could offer you so much more. Once the Volturi is gone we would take our place as rulers an you could be my queen. Think of it gold, diamonds, riches, and prey till your hearts content."

"Sorry to disappoint you but I am not interested. Besides your type of 'prey' holds no appeal to me."

"It will. Once you drink you'll always want it."

"Never."

He moved closer till his body was inches within mine. "I could give you a better life then one of the shadows my dear. Come with me and we will rule over all."

"No thanks. Now leave me the hell alone asshole."

His fingers moved over my neck before he jumped back with a hiss, the corner of his coat still singed from fire.

Looking over I saw Bree glaring at Vladimir. "I believe my sister said get away from her."

" Why you little..."

"Ahh." She raised a hand and breathed into her hand forming a fireball. "Unless you want to be dust back off."

"An stay the hell away from my wife." Others came through the trees joining Bree. Emmett moved over to me taking me into his arms. Benjamin stood at Bree's side a fireball in his hands as well. Others were around them as they glared at Vladimir.

Carlisle came forward. "There is still law that mates are protected. You can not force Angel to leave Emmett just because you desire her power. The Sekkari are a powerful and proud species it would be best to not make a enemy out of them."

With that we all walked off leaving him alone. Back at the bonfire Emmett sat beside Jake me in his lap his lips at my neck as Bree sat beside us.

"You two can be sickeningly cute sometimes."

I laughed. "Just wait Bree. You'll find your mate one day them it will be your turn." She stuck her tongue out at me.