I'm back - 31 | last day of school :)

ابدأ من البداية

Since the girls and I have lunch today, we carpooled.

Except Daphne drove and I don't know when her class gets out. But since she has Mr. Kensington for fifth period, it'll probably be right on the dot of release.

I groaned, resorting to sitting outside of Summer's fifth period and hoping that she would come outside at some point. I played on my phone for the next thirty minutes when I heard the bell ring. Surprisingly, Summer was the first one out. "Oh, hey Annalise?"

I took a breath, "I've been waiting out here forever," I whined as we started off to Kensington's room to find Daphne. I hoped that he wouldn't try and keep them late, especially on the last day, though I've heard that he's cruel enough.

We ended up waiting another fifteen minutes for her, the halls had mostly cleared out and there was school work everywhere. People started tossing it the second the bell rang signaling early release. 

The door opened and we watched as multiple students walked out, most looking tired or mad, some even looked a little bit of both. When Daphne came out, Summer and I wanted to cry with relief, "You guys are dramatic children," Daphne joked, reading the look on our faces.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh whatever. We were supposed to leave forty-five minutes ago." We were finally ready to go. 

We started heading towards the doors, "Annalise!" I heard a voice calling for me. I turned to see Zach running after us. I stopped so that he could catch up, "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

I furrowed my brows, "Is it bad?"

He looked confused, "No, nothing like that." I nodded, following him around the corner. 

"What is it-" I was cut off as I was slammed against the wall. Not painfully, more hot. I felt my lips twinge upwards in a smile, "Zach..." He seemed to be staring into my soul before he pressed his lips to mine gently. 

I never thought of myself as the rebellious type, but here I was making out with my boyfriend in the middle of the hallway.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, causing him to pull me closer by the waist. I took initiative, deepening the kiss. It was rougher with passion now more than it was gentle, our tongues battled for dominance, which Zach ultimately won... or maybe I let him.

I didn't want to let go, I don't know what came over either of us but I was thoroughly enjoying it.

The clearing of a throat broke us apart. I looked over to see Daphne standing there with an eyebrow raised, and her arms crossed over her chest. I stared at her with a similar look while Zach stood next to me, stifling a laugh. "Can I help you?"

Daphne couldn't hold it in any longer, she burst out laughing. "Oh what the hell, it's the last day of school. I'll meet you by the doors," I nodded as she chuckled, walking away to find Summer.

I turned back to face Zach, resting my forehead against his. I let my eyes close and just relished in him. We haven't had too many peaceful moments like this lately, junior year was full of chaos and uncertainty. When I opened my eyes, Zach was staring at me. "So, what was that for?"

He smiled, "May or may not just have been an excuse to kiss you." I bit my puffy lip. Oh, this boy.

 Oh, this boy