I'm back - 07 | meeting meredith

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚏𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I stared at the tv, changing the channel. "Annalise, you better start getting ready. Aunt Fiona and her family will be here in half an hour," Aiden warned me.

I groaned, "Why is she coming over here, again? She was just here!" Aiden shrugged in response and I knew I wouldn't be getting much else out of him. "Fine," was all I muttered before I made my way upstairs to my bedroom.

My father was having Aunt Fiona and her kids over for dinner tonight. Aiden and I have no idea why, when I'd asked he said only one word, announcement. My first thought went to a pregnancy announcement or a gender reveal, which was obviously out of the question.

I was dreading tonight, and I was also dreading tomorrow- the first day back at Cheshire high.

I was left full of anxiety. And after the way I had spoken to Aunt Fiona at the welcome home party, I was sure she'd run and tattle to dad faster than I could say wait. But she didn't, she didn't say anything at all. At least not yet.

I wanted to have a good attitude tonight, especially since I broke my promise the other day when I basically called my Aunt Fiona a bitch to her face. Which isn't something I do often or take lightly, I know better than most just how much someone's words can affect you.

I also haven't seen my cousins, Delilah and Adrianna, in almost two years. If I went in with a smile and a good attitude, tonight could be a good night.

I went into my closet and pulled down the first top I came across, it was one of my favorites. It was a sleeveless high necked top and it was a beautiful sage green color- also one of my favorites. I immediately knew that it would go amazingly with my creme corduroy jacket and my white Dr. Martens. I slipped them on along with some ripped blue jeans and I was ready.

I stared into the mirror and took a deep breath,  you look good Annalise, you can do this

I stared into the mirror and took a deep breath,  you look good Annalise, you can do this. I told myself. When I checked my phone I realized I had a bit of spare time, but I didn't want to be left alone with my thoughts. So I headed downstairs to join Aiden and my father.

"Are they here yet?" I asked Aiden when I reached the bottom of the stairs. He simply shook his head, sending me a small smile. I returned it and sat down next to him, "I'll be alright."

"I know you will, It's Aunt Fiona I'm worried about." He joked.

It was then that dad came out of the kitchen wearing one of the aprons that our mother had gifted him, this particular one said 'kiss the cook' on it. "I would appreciate you two being on your best behavior tonight, okay? I need things to go well."

I eyed him with a raised brow, "What is it exactly that needs to go well tonight?" I asked what we were all thinking.

He sighed, "The dinner, Annalise. What else?" He seemed tired, way too tired to be holding a family dinner out of nowhere. This behavior was highly unusual, even more so from him.