I'm back - 10 | comfort zones

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I hear a bird chirp, just one, and I'm awake.

I groan slightly as I peel my eyes open. I immediately recognize that I'm in Daphne's guestroom as the memories of last night flood back like a hurricane.

I feel slight movement and I try to roll over but I can't, that's when I notice the hand around my waist tightens. I look up to see a peaceful, cute-looking Zach. This is the second time this week I've woken up in his arms, what is happening to me?

That's when I remember his drunk ass.. I groan, "Zach, please go to sleep." I practically beg.

"But why?" He antagonizes me.

"Because you need to sleep, and I need to sleep!'

I had finally gotten Daphne in some dry clothes and into her room, Ryan was passed out on the couch but Zach refused to go to sleep. I had tried to put him on the other couch but he just followed me back to the guest room. It was infuriating, but I can't blame him, this is drunk Zach.

He shook his head, "No, not until you cuddle with me." He crosses his arms over his chest.

I gape at him, "Zach, no. Just go to sleep." I plead, I've had a shit day.

He shakes his head again looking the opposite direction like a child. I rolled my eyes as I climbed into the bed with him, "Fine, but only for a bit." I said looking at him before turning over.

He chuckled in his drunkenness, "Deal!" He pulls me into his rock-hard chest, I can feel the outline of his torso against my back. "See, not so bad. Goodnight Princess." He smiles.

I let a smile creep on my face, "Goodnight Zach." I say before sleep consumes me. I feel myself blush before I zone back in. I poke his cheek and whisper, "Zach." I didn't expect him to even stir, but his eyes fluttered open effortlessly.

Okay, how the fuck did it work this time and not last time? "Morning, Princess," he says, his voice husky with sleep. "How did you sleep?"

I bite my lip, "Okay," okay was my code word for better than I have in a long time. I'm often plagued by nightmares- dreams even- about my mother and her death. Last night was simply dreamless, perfect.

"I slept like a baby, although my head is pounding so hard I can hardly function." He chuckled.

I smiled at that, climbing out of bed. "Hold on," I left and grabbed some Aspirin from Daphne's room, I knew they'd fight like rabid dogs over it later. Those hangovers really get you. "Here," I say handing them to him.

He smiles gratefully at me before downing them dry. He reached out and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me back down on the bed, and consequently back into his chest. "Let's go back to sleep," he mumbled putting his face in the crook of my neck.

His behavior was quite cute and I couldn't help but chuckle. "Zach," I stressed the a. "I am ready to get up, I'm not going to be able to sleep again," I complained.

He groaned, "Fine." He said dramatically before letting me go and sitting up next to me.

I managed a glance at the clock, my eyes bugging out of my head. It read twelve forty-five, "Zach, school!" I started to feel anxious. I just got back and I was already missing a day!

I don't know if he could tell but he grabbed my hand in his and squeezed it. "It's alright, everyone's ditching today. We'll be alright, there won't be a whole lot of makeup work."