What Dreams May Come

Start from the beginning

"DON'T MOVE!"

She barely made it halfway up the stairs before the monster appeared and tore half of the front of the building. Cordula dived down and covered her head before Monique helped her up "You should've stayed with Mendel" Monique said sternly and Cordula gave her a small glare "Whose gonna be watching your backs then? Besides Mendel's fine on his own" The monster roared out in anger, cutting the girls off.

"This way!" Nick called out as he led them back inside the room. The people let out small noises of despair when Nick saw the monster about to fire this side of the building "Move!" Cordula yelled, pulling the people in the line of fire out of the way before the monster sent a burst of high voltage.

"Is there another way out?" Monique called out to Nick who looked around for anything to help them get out of here. Cordula spotted a broken steel door lying casually in the debris "Nick help me with this" Nick gave Cordula a grateful smile as the two of them grabbed the sides of the door.

"There's always another way out!" The two dragged the door and used it as a slide to the roof of a bus outside the building and with Monique first, they slowly led the people to safety, making sure all are accounted for "Here, watch your step" Nick said as he balanced out a woman with unsteady legs, probably still in shock at what is happening right now.

Cordula gasped when she saw the creature advancing with electrical charges surging against its mouth. A robotic voice echoed in her ears and she couldn't be more happy to see N.I.G.E.L come save the day and get destroyed as usual.

"Atmospheric Ionization 97.6% Above Normal. Electrical Charge Extending Into Theta Frequency"

The creature in front of them let out an angry groan before everyone ducked when it sent a nearby bus exploding and another, it seemed like it turned its anger to N.I.G.E.L instead. Mendel desperately moved N.I.G.E.L away but even the yellow bot could not escape the creature's dangerous electrical surge.

"N.I.G.E.L!" Mendel screamed when he saw his beloved robot explode into nothing. The creature walked away from the people to look for N.I.G.E.L, probably wondering if the bot survived and as Nick kept his gaze on the creature, it suddenly screamed and threw a bus at them and with no time to think, Nick wrapped his arms around Cordula who yelped as he jumped.

Cordula grunted when she felt something akin to a sprain in her leg as they both tumbled down before the buses crashed into each other. Everyone watched as the creature angrily swiped every bus in sight. Nick and Cordula slowly stood up before Cordula hissed.

"Are you guys alright?" Mendel asked as he ran up to them "I think I sprained my ankle" Cordula groaned before Monique supported her. The creature blew up a gasoline station and while everyone made a run for it and away from the creature.

"Anything you can tell us about that thing Mendel" Cordula asked through all the noise "According to the readings that thing is pure electromagnetic energy" Mendel said "Big surprise..." Cordula added with a big frown before the creature noticed them and began to walk towards them, smashing and destroying everything in its path.

Monique and Nick helped Cordula as she hobbled to get away from the creature before they found themselves at a dead end and with no where left to run. Mendel let out a small scream in fear as the creature lowered its head with sparks of electricity shooting from it's tusks.

Before Nick and the others could say goodbye and think of their funerals, there was a loud roar from behind them before a familiar foot appeared right beside them. They made a dive as Godzilla entered the fray and roared at the creature who roared back.

"Godzilla, what is he doing here?" Monique asked as she stood up with Cordula being supported by her "He must have sensed Cordula and I in trouble" Nick said and Cordula gave him a look "You're including me now?" Nick shrugged his shoulders "How else am I going to explain him being so...different around you" Cordula didn't have an answer to that.