What Dreams May Come

Start from the beginning

"No radiation" Elsie confirmed as she checked her transmitter one last time "Hey your those H.E.A.T guys right?" A new voice said and all eyes turned to a man in his early fifties walking up to them "I saw you on the news, I'm the-well, I was the super here" The man said and Cordula had no idea what the man was saying but decided that it was none of her business.

Probably just someone they had met along the way.

"Hey, you mind if we poke around inside?" Elsie asked as she gestured to the destroyed building "Knock yourself out but it ain't my fault the place comes crumbling down on ya" The man said before he walked away with no more words to be said.

"Well Mendel, we need N.I.G.E.L on the front"  Cordula called out and Mendel quickly veered N.I.G.E.L inside the building to do a complete scan "Residual Atmospheric Ionization Detected Inside Structure. 23.7% Above Normal" N.I.G.E.L said robotically "Could the creature have originated from inside the building?" Mendel asked out loud.

Cordula gasped when a small volt of electricity shot right at her, barely missing her shoe "Could be, look at all the electricity coming off in this area" Cordula commented as she moved out of the house to avoid anymore electrical charges.

Makes sense since I'm also carrying something metallic in my bag.

Nick's phone suddenly rang and Nick quickly picked it up while the rest of the gang drew near him wondering who was calling him right now.

"Nick Tatopoulos...Hey Monique what's taking you we've been down here for-What?!..I'm on it" As Nick hung up on the phone, everyone straightened up when they took note of the serious tone in his voice.

"Monster's been spotted down by the MTA bus yards" Nick stated before he made his way to the vehicle parked right beside the building "Right behind you jefe" Randy said with an excited tone in his voice before Nick replied "No, I need you to finish your computer search then do a thorough exam of the building. It may tell us more about what we're up against. Randy, Elsie you're in charge here. Cordula, Mendel you're coming with me" Everyone gave him affirmative nods aside from Mendel.

"I am?" Mendel questioned, wondering if it was better risking his life than researching on what they are seriously up against. Cordula gave him a teasing grin "Unless you'd rather hand over N.I.G.E.L to Randy..." Mendel gave Randy a sour look before he followed right behind Cordula.

***

It was easier for them to find a shortcut when the monster was obviously leaving fire and debris everywhere and it didn't help the growing sounds of screaming citizens. Nick quickly gave a hard break as soon as he spotted Monique running up to them and for Cordula to get a good look of the monster.

The creature had a lanky body structure with four legs with one claw on each foot, and two arms with three fingers on each. It also has two tusk-like claws and a horn close to where its mouth opens up.

Nick got out of the car as soon as Monique was in hearing range "People are still trapped inside!" Monique screamed out through the endless screaming "Craven, have N.I.G.E.L get a reading on that thing!" Nick ordered before he ran after Monique who went back into the fray to rescue the trapped citizens.

"Nick wait! Mendel you stay here!" Cordula shouted as she followed after him "Oh don't worry about that...my butts gonna stay here all day. Better him than me" Mendel commented as he activated N.I.G.E.L and sent the bot away and towards the monster who was sparking up dangerous levels of voltage.

***

Nick and Monique clambered up the stairs and headed towards the people that were trapped inside a room with a fallen locker blocking the exit. Nick and Monique quickly pushed the locker away and the people immediately scrambled outside in a desperate attempt to run away before Cordula came barging in the front door and waved her arms wildly.