Dallas Stars - Tyler Seguin

Word count: 1,443

We were fighting for about a day and a half now. I don't really see what the problem was but Tyler was mad and it didn't seem like it was going to go away anytime soon.

I had got home from hanging out with friends one night and Tyler was sitting on the couch just looking at the blank tv nothing was playing. I walked in and sat next to him.

"Tyler?" I tried putting my hand on his knee but he moved away from me.

"I told you yesterday that I had a night planned for us that I wanted to talk to you about something but then I get a text from you after I got out of practice saying that you were going to go out with friends." He didn't look at me once just looked straight ahead at the tv.

"I didn't think it was a big deal. We change plans all the time. Just like let month Jamie wanted to go out for drinks but we had plans on watching that movie I rented for us you called me and asked if we could push it a day and I was fine with it. What was different about tonight then that night? Are you the only one allowed to chawed plans? Am I not allowed to go out with my friends?" I moved to the other end of the couch.

"I'm not fighting with you right now. I'm going to bed." With that, he got off the couch and walked up the stairs with two dogs following him. I looked down and see Cash laying at my feet looking up up me and then followed Tyler up the stairs.

Since that night I have been sleeping in the guest room not wanting to be in the same bed as Tyler right now.

Once I got up this morning I knew Tyler had an early practice and a game tonight which I was supposed to be going to but I wasn't sure if I should. I walked into what is suppose to be mien and Tyler's room but for the past couple night its Tyler's.

I noticed Tyler's closet light was left on. I go to shut it off and see a white box with a green ribbon around it.

"That was part of the plan I had for us." I jumped at the sound of his voice.

"I didn't think you would be home for a while." I looked back at the box "I was getting some clothes but I saw your closet light on so I came to shut it off when I saw the box."

"Open it."

"I'm not opening it." I shook my head and walked past him to get what I came in here for clothes.

"Why not?"

"Because Tyler we are still fighting. I'm not going to open something you got me while we are fighting." I grabbed my clothes and walked out and back into the guest room.

I heard the door reopen and see Tyler walk in with the box. I sighed heavily.

"Tyler I just-"

"If you open it great if not that's fine too. I have to get back to the area." And with that, he left.

I wasn't going to open up something that seems to be the reason why we are fighting right now. But it could solve all our problems if I do open it. Do I really want to open it without Tyler being here?

"I think you should open it." I looked over at my sister Megan who is eyeing the box.

"I think you should stop talking about the box and figure out where we are going to go eat."

My sister and I have always been close. I tell her almost everything. I wasn't going to tell her about this fight with Tyler because for one she really liked Tyler the only guy I have dated that she likes and two I thought the fight would be over by now.

"I told you we are going to the Stars game and eating there so then after you can go see Tyler and makeup." I rolled my eyes. "No don't do that with your eyes. You are going to open this box that Tyler wants you to open and then we are going to go to the game watch your man kick some ass." I really wanted to know what was in the box. I wanted to know what is so important that it started a fight between Tyler and me.

"Fine I will open the box and then we will go to the game."

I walked over to the box which was laying on top of my bed. I slowly unwrapped the green ribbon and pulled the top off. What I saw in the box made me mad that this is what Tyler got so upset about. It was a Dallas Stars jersey. I have so many already.

"He started a fight over a stupid jersey? Is he being serious?" I looked up and my sister.

"Take it out." I put the lid back on. "Y/N take it out and look at the back."

"Megan I know what is on the back it's going to have his name on the back just like every other Stars jersey I have. There is nothing different about this one."

"Will you just shut up and looked at the back." I looked at her confused. "Don't asked me any answer just look at it."

I didn't say anything I took the lid back off and took the jersey out and turned it around. On the back, it said MRS SEGUIN? I looked up at Megan and back at the jersey. Was he being serious? I felt tears in my eyes. His plan that night was to ask me to marry him. Instead of coming home to the man I love I went out with my friends. I could have been here at home opening this in front of Tyler not in front of Megan.

"I think we need to go." I took the jersey grabbed my purse and keys and went to the car with Megan right behind me.

Waiting for the game to end felt like forever.

Right now I'm waiting for Tyler to come out. Megan took my car back to her place I told her I will pick it up tomorrow or I might be calling her to pick me up from the arena tonight if this doesn't go as planned. I have his jersey draped over my arm. It didn't feel right wearing it.

I saw the locker room door open and the first one out was none other than Tyler. I saw him look up at me but looked back at his for then didn't a double take and kept his eyes on me. He looked down at what I was holding.

I thought he would walk over to me but instead, he turned around and went back into the locker room. Tears filled my eyes. I didn't know what to do I thought Tyler would be happy that I opened the box. I mean he wanted me to open it. Maybe I was supposed to wait for him to be there. I was about to walk away when I saw Tyler walk back out of the locker room. He came right over to me and got down on one knee.

"Y/N-" Tyler started but I'm still a little mad at him.

"You're a jerk you know that." He looked at me confused. "You could have told me you wanted me home that night instead of saying okay when I told you I was going out. I thought you were being a little baby about me going out with my friends but you were mad because you had that night planned out to ask me to marry you. You should have told me to open the damn box in front of you so this wasn't right outside the locker room." Tyler stood up and stepped a little closer to me.

"I know this whole thing should have gone a different way but I don't care-"

"Tyler-"

"No Y/N you talked already it's my turn and before you say anything I am going to ask you what I have been waiting too since I bought this ring." He got back down on one knee and opened the small box that was in his hand. "Will you marry me?"

"I love you Tyler and I will love you till the day I die. Yes, I will marry you!"