Calgary Flames - Matthew Tkackuk

Break Up with Him

inspired by the song 'Break Up with Him' by Old Dominion

'I know its late, but I knew you'd pick it up

Naw, I ain't drunk

Okay, maybe I do have little buzz but

That song came on and I just thought

What harm could come from one little call

I know you say you're taken, but I say girl you're

Taking too long'

I heard my phone start to go off I quickly looked at it and saw Matt's name appeared across the top. I looked over to the body that was next to me and see that he was still asleep. I got up slowly and walked out the room to answer the phone.

"Matt?" I waited for him to answer.

"Did I wake you?" I looked at the time it was one o'clock.

"Matt do you know what time it is?"

"Its Friday night Y/N I thought you would be out." I sighed. I wanted to go out tonight but Chris didn't want to. "I heard this song that just made me think of you and thought I'd call to see where you were."

I know its wrong but Matt and I have been seeing each other for almost two months now.

"I didn't go out tonight. I'm home and Chris is in the other room sleeping."

"Leave a note saying you had to pick up a drunk friend and come over."

"Matt I can't. I have to go I'll talk to you later." I hung up the phone and took a deep break. I have been trying to figure out hat I wanted and what I needed to to with the whole situation.

I walked back into the bedroom to see Chris still asleep. I climbed back into bed and couldn't go back to sleep. I kept thinking about Matt.

'Tell him that it's over

Then bring it on over

Stringing him along any longer girl is wasting precious time

Girl, you know it can't wait

Rip it off like a Band-Aid

The way you look at me, girl, you can't pretend

I know you ain't in love with him, break up with him'

Matt had text me saying that he had only had practice this morning and that he had the rest of the day free. I didn't have to work today so I thought I would go over to see him. Chris would be at work all day and won't be home till ten tonight maybe.

Once I got to his apartment. I knew he was here yet. I didn't see his car. I took out the key Matt had given me about two weeks ago and opened the door. I walked right into the kitchen. Set the bags I brought that carried food for the both of us. I put them away because I knew we weren't going to eat right away.

I walked into his bed room to change into one of Matt's jersey with just my red lace bra and matching panties. I heard the front door open.

"Y/N?" I smiled when I heard his voice. I lend against the door way in the hall and just looked at him while he took his shoes off not seeing me yet. Finally he looked up and that smiled said it all. "I hope you aren't wearing anything under that because that would be disappointing." I got up and walked my way slowly.

"I don't know your just going to have to come over here and find out."

He stood there in front of me his hand went straight to the bottom of the jersey and under it. Both hand squeezed both ass cheeks and pulled me closer.