“Huh?!” Roseanne asked when she did not hear what Taehyung just said.

“Nothing. So what do you want to do next?”

To answer his question, she dragged him to where the rides were located.

“Taehyung-oppa.” She called while looking wistfully at the roller coaster in front of her. “I’ve always wanted to try riding that, at least once.”

“Then, what are you waiting for?” He said while pulling her closer to it.

She pulled him back, not wanting to move any further.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

Her eyes were now brimming with tears.

“Oh my gosh! I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Let’s not ride that one. I’m sorry.” He said while wiping her unshed tears with his thumb.

“I-I want to try. I really do.” She hiccupped. “But I’m afraid . . . I can’t.”

He cupped her cheeks. “Why not?”

She looked so cute up close, even with her pouting.

“Because . . . what if . . . what if I . . .”

He was saddened after understanding what she meant.

“What if what? I don’t want to push you Rosie. But I also don’t want you to miss out on things that you want to do just because of your heart condition. I mean, don’t let it limit you.”

“But . . .”

He placed his hands on her shoulders. “If you don’t think you can do it, let’s try something else. There are a lot of rides to choose from. We can just try those that aren’t that extreme. But if you’re willing to try it, I promise you I’ll help you through it. So . . . what do you think?”

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Then she looked at him with her eyes filled with hope and anticipation. “You promise?”

“I promise.”

Five minutes after, they were sitting beside each other in the roller coaster car. When the ride was about to start, Taehyung grabbed Roseanne’s arm and wrapped it around his. Then he intertwined their hands together and told her to never let go.

Everything went fine at first. They were both just having fun, enjoying the ride and laughing their hearts out.

But in the middle of the ride, Roseanne felt a subtle twinge in the middle of her chest. She was alarmed. And Taehyung noticed it right away. He turned to her apprehensively when he suddenly felt her stiffen beside him.

Her eyes were tightly closed while tears were steadily streaming down her cheeks. She was breathing heavily as she clutched her chest.

“Rosie, what’s happening?” He yelled.

“I-I’m f-fine, op-oppa.” She struggled to answer.

“What are you talking about? You don’t look . . .”

She enclosed his trembling hand with both of her hands. Then she shook her head and took a deep breath. “I . . . I trust you.”

Maybe . . . you shouldn’t have.

He was panicking while looking at her agonizing state. Tears were already clouding his vision.

Rosie . . . You can’t do this to me. No, no. Rosie, please. I’m sorry.

... ... ... ... ...

Roseanne fluttered her eyes open. She squinted them when they were met with a very bright light. She sighed when she noticed the white ceiling over her and the pungent smell of alcohol.