#5 Hottie meets Cutie

There is something wrong with me! It should be, since I've got everything figured, from the conflict to the epilogue, but I just can't seem to begin the romance of the two main characters in  a good way...  Should I omit the romance? Waiting for your feedback here...

I'm trying out third person POV in this chapter, so we are going to back a few hours from the time in last chapter. Enjoy....

================================================================================

The first day of school might be horrible for Dave, but it doesn’t have to be the same for Bec. Today, she could have sworn that she have met the one person destined for her. Kevin Riordan. He was not in any of her class, because he was a senior and she is a first year student.

Bec and her new friend are walking toward the laboratory, which is located on a different building from where the classes are. The two buildings are separated by a football field. Bec was just contemplating whether to go shopping with her new friends, or start doing her English assignment for this afternoon when somebody tackled her to the ground. Correction, bulldozed her.

Above her is the most massive guy she ever met. She could almost feel his silky blond hair caressed her own, his deep blue eyes looking into her green ones with concern, his steel like abs pressing against her torso. For the first time in her life, her heart beat sped up so much that she was afraid that it would burst out of her. The noisy world all around her subside to nothing and she wanted nothing else than to meet his luscious lips with her own.

She could hear him ask her if she is alright and he apologized that his team were not careful enough in handling the ball. Which snap her out of it.

“What are you doing?” she asked him.

“Excuse me?” the confusion is very apparent on his eyes.

She scowled and him and said, “I can’t breathe,” though it is a lie. She needed him to get up to preserve her sanity.

The boy got up of her and stood up under a minute, so fast that it looked like he had been stung. He offered his hand to her and apologized. “I’m sorry if I suffocate you, I just see the ball coming and drove right away. It didn’t even cross my mind that I would hurt you more than the ball.”

She shrugged and took his hand. “It’s fine, thanks anyway. You just… surprised me. Shouldn’t you get back to you friends?” she nodded to the direction of the field.

“Yeah, I probably should.” Bec could see that he is reluctant to go, but he did anyway. When he was standing just outside of the field, he looked back and said, “By the way, I’m Kevin Riordan.”

“Rebecca Trueheart,” she answered, “just call me Bec.” She made a shooing motion with her hand and walked to where her new friends gathered at.

The moment she get into hug range, the three girls scream good naturedly, “Omigosh, omigosh! That’s Kevin! You’ve got to hug Kevin! Hug us, we will settle for second hand hug even if it doesn’t feel as good as the real one!” and engulf her in hugs.

“Eww, get a grip on yourselves girls, that was just a common boy, not even Justin Bieber!” She said while she tried to push the girls away.

“Oh Becky, you will learn soon that in Cornseed, Kevin is more popular that Justin Bieber.” Carla, the brunette with pockmarks on her face said to her. 

Inori, the Japanese girl with cute face, supplied in, “At least we can ogle Kevin anytime, Bieber is just too faaaar away.”

Bec rolled her eyes and said, “While you are ogling, you must have to miss the bell,” and she walked in the general direction of the laboratory building.