7

3 Person P.O.V

It was a nice afternoon when Keith woke up. Well maybe not 'woke up'. He regained concioussness but his eyes remained closed. It took him a moment to remeber what happened. He soon realized how utterly fucked he was.

He was absolutely broke. Finacially as well as his bones. 

Bones.

Only after a second Keith realized he was not in the basement anymore. He defenitely wasn't lying on cold, hard concrete.

Still not daring to open his eyes, Keith tried to figure out where he was.

The cellar? He already subverted that. Or maybe he was on some kind of mattress? Would his parents care enough to give him this luxury, though?

His room? Nah, it didn't reek of some shitty medical alcohol.

Medical Alcohol?

He couldn't be in a hospital, could he?

Keith finally decided to open his eyes but was surprised to find it wasn't easy to do. He figured it was the reason he didn't open them in the first place.

After a few tries, he eventually managed to open an eye. Only one. The other seemed to be pressured with something. 

He was met with a sight of a nice, cold and white ceiling.

Keith P.O.V

I am slightly scared. I am in a hospital and I have no idea why am I even here, who brought me here, what do these people know, how am I going to pay for it and why the fuck wasn't I dead?

I look around trying to find something with which I could call a nurse or a doctor. I soon found a device which had a big red button on it and if it doesn't blow up the universe it wil most likely send me another human being.

Soon after a nurse walked in. He wasn't anyhting special. Just...a nurse. Well, ignoring the fact that his eyes seemed to brighten when he walked into the room.

"You are finally awake! Wonderful!" He exclaimed "My name is Thomas and I was assigned to be your nurse. (A/N: I have no idea how it works in other facilities but when I was in a hospital I had my own nurse so...) I am now going to check if there are any problems with your recovery and then we are going to talk for a little while, okay? Well then, let's get started Mr. Kogane"

I nod and try my best to stop all the questions that I just had to ask. I couldn't help but let one slide.

"Why doesn't anything hurt?" I ask, my voice rough, my throat hurting.

The man seemed to be stunned for a moment but soon regained his posture.

"Well I guess it is okay for you to ask that, considering you were almost run over by a car. We gave you strong painkillers, so you should be okay for a while. Although I was rather expecting a question about how long you were unconcious, sir. "

I have been...hit by...a car?

That can't be. I was being beaten senseless by my....oh.

I see.

Being almost run over by a car, huh? I must admit, this excuse is very comfortable.

"Anyway, I am going to do the check up and then you can ask me whatever you want. How does that sound, Mr. Kogane"

I give a small nod and cringe when I realize that I was called Mr.Kogane or sir three times already. I call my father that.

Thomas did his job, checking all the machines, looking into my ears and eyes, taking a sample of my blood, yada yada. (A/N: And here you can see my lack of knowledge...)