6

3 person P.O.V (focussing on Lance)

Lance was worried. Very worried. It has been three days since both - he and Keith - fainted in PE. Alison and Jake still make fun of him for that. Fuckers.

But that is not the problem. 

Keith hasn't been in school for three days. And it made Lance's guts twist in worry. At first he wanted to contact Keith. Send him a message or call his black haired friend but Lance soon realised they didn't exchange phone numbers and there were way too many Keiths on messenger.

He did not know where he lived so visiting Keith was also out of option. He considered asking the principal for his address but that plan failed miserably when he found out Alfor was sick. Though knowing him it was only an excuse to not work. The CEO will be angry.

Lance talked about it with Pidge and Hunk but both of them dismissed it with a 'he probably is just sick' or 'you are putting too much thought into it.'

So Lance gave up. His hands were tied, besides what is Pidge and Hunk were right?

Why did he worry so much in the first place? He met Keith 5 days ago and talked to him for only 2.  Was it even okay for him to call himself Keith's friend already? Did Keith even see him as one or only as an unnecessary baggage?

Why does Keith mean so much to him even though he barely knew the guy?

Lance let out a long whine. Seriously. This was becoming annoying. His thoughts seemed to resolve only around Keith lately.

"Mr. McClain! Is my lesson really this boring for you?" He heard some voice right next to his ear.

His head shot up. What the hell was happening?! He looked around and noticed were he was. Allura was standing next to him a disgruntled look on her face. Did he really fell asleep in class? No, that was not it. He must have had his head in the clouds and completely shut out reality.

He apologized quickly adding a flirty comment on how good his teacher looked today. Allura let out a pained sigh and reassumed her lecture.

Damn Keith. You make it hard for Lance.

Despite that the Cuban boy smiled almost a nonexistent smile.

Keith P.O.V

It was the pain that woke me up. I couldn't move an inch. 

I want to die.

And I do not mean it like the student who failed a test and is just upset or because the phone in my battery died. 

I want to die. To be removed out of existence...

I always wondered what my last words would be. Maybe something cliche from a movie or 'I AM READY FOR HELL!' or 'I see the light!... wait it's fire' or 'You should see the look on your face' or 'finally man this was exhausting'. 

!!!TRIGGER WARNING!!!

But now as I was lying on the ground my feet and hands ice cold I realized something. Last words are meant to be said to someone. No one will be there for me when the time comes and I have a feeling I won't last long. These three days... I can't move. My fingers are numb and blue. My muscles fail me, my bones are weak, my organs are shutting down, my blood lacks minerals glucose and albumin, my brain...my brain is fucked up.

Three fingers in my left hand and two in my right were treated with a hammer. My shoulder is dislocated . The hole in my hand seems bigger now. My broke radius is probably in an even worse state then before. My other arm suffers from burns left by fire and acid. My ribs are broken.  My calf is broken but the bone actually sticks out from the flesh. My hip is dislocated. My cheek was deeply cut. My nose is broken. My body is a cacophony of blues, purples and greens. My stomach does not even grumble anymore. I am famished. I lam lying in a pool of my own blood.