Chapter 26 ~ The Best

Start from the beginning

I pressed my nose against his neck, inhaling the scent that I had missed so much. It was like every fiber of my body relaxed by it. It was the best feeling I'd experienced during the past two years. It was weird how I didn't realize just how much I missed him until he was back in my arms.

It wasn't until then that it finally dawned on me that we were standing in the middle of the hallway and that people other than my friends and Harry's bodyguard were surrounding us. Instantly, I took a step back from Harry, clearing my throat.

"People are staring at us," I pointed out, motioning towards the crowd.

Harry let out an amused chuckle. "One day you'll have to learn to live with that," he winked, leaning in to press his lips against my forehead lightly.

Once the crowd had dispersed, I turned to my friends, all of a sudden feeling nervous about their reactions. What if they would tell me to stay away from Harry?

To my surprise, their facial expressions told me otherwise. Hannah was smiling, and so was Niall. Zayn, on the other hand, had a scowl on his face. However, that was just expected.

The second I stepped away from Harry, Zayn took one forward to jab his finger into Harry's chest, his face red with anger and his jaw clenched tightly.

The bodyguard who had followed Harry immediately stepped forward to push Zayn away, giving him a warning look.

"If you so much as dare hurt him again, I swear I'm gonna kill you, and I don't give a fuck about these bodyguards of yours. I'll kill them too," Zayn snapped even if he was still in the man's hold.

Harry flattened out his button up, a frown evident on his face. He didn't say anything though, which I think was the best way to tackle the situation. I was sure Zayn would only get even angrier no matter what he said anyway.

"Zayn, calm down," Niall sighed, taking the man's hand in his own while giving the bodyguard a reassuring look.

When the bodyguard thought Zayn was calm enough and also realized that Niall had him under control, he let go of the black haired boy even though he stayed close to him.

I turned back to Harry and gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't listen to Zayn. I'm starting to realize you won't hurt me like that again."

He gave me a nod, a small smile creeping to his lips even though the frown never left his face.

"So, the song was about Louis, now wasn't it?" Hannah interfered, raising her eyebrows at the curly haired boy.

Harry took his eyes off me to nod to Hannah. "Yeah. I started writing it a few weeks ago," he said, looking back at me to see my reaction.

A blush covered my cheeks as I looked away. "That was really the way you felt?" I wondered.

He nodded his head and was just about to open his mouth to reply when the bell cut him off. I rolled my eyes at the coincidence. Of course it had to ring at this moment...

Harry let out a laugh, leaning in to whisper in my ear. "Seems like someone has somewhere to be." He leaned back to give me a wink, making me roll my eyes.

"I hope for your sake that you'll be here when the lesson's over. Otherwise, I might have to call your mom again," I empty-threatened.

"I promise, Lou," he grinned, pressing a feathery light kiss on my lips, barely even touching them before taking a step back to walk back the way he came, his bodyguard in toe.

I turned back to my friends, only to see Zayn glaring at me while Niall was grabbing onto his arm. "See you after class," Niall said, giving me a forced smile before dragging Zayn away from us.