Russia x Female!Reader

Start from the beginning

Russia's poor cheeks were getting seriously abused by the heat which could be felt on them, the warmth almost radiating from the squishy part of his face. Looking down at you one more time he shyly nodded, starting to walk off into the city's centre.

~ ~ ~

You two were having the time of your lives by being a pair of goofballs and making fun of every single thing you deemed to be funny. Your delightful laughter echoed through the cold atmosphere, making it fill up with joy. Taking all sorts of ridiculous pictures with Russia, made you almost lose your breath from such hysterical laughter.

After calming down you both agreed on getting some coffee. Russia insisted on paying for it, but you, being a stubborn little bean, didn't back down. In the end, one of the cups got knocked off onto Russia's lap making him screech in pain as the hot liquid contacted with his lower region. You couldn't stop apologising while using up almost every single napkin in the café. As an apology, he declared that you had to let him pay for everything, and you were not that happy about it but after a bit of arguing you let it go.

Finally, as the day neared to its end, and the streets began to cover up by darkness, you decided to start heading back to your hotel, of course, Russia didn't let you go alone and guided you. The temperature started to drop drastically, making you shiver and release a few sneezes, you did have just a thin coat on, so that was expected.

„Are you cold?” Russia looked down at you „This was your fifth sneeze by now,” he sounded concerned.

„Yeah, a bit... But we are almost here, so you don't have to worry about me,” you forced out a smile, looking up at him.

This didn't even come close to convincing him, so he stopped for a second, unwrapping his scarf from his neck and wrapping it up around yours.

„Hey, it's completely fin--” you didn't have a chance to finish because a large ushanka was placed on your head.

„No, it's not, you're going to get sick, and that's one of the last things I want to see happening,” he replied, his voice stern, and the Russian accent made it sound even more strict.

You sighed and nodded, flashing a tiny smile. A few moments after, you felt his long arm wrapping around your shoulders which pulled you close to him for extra warmth. Face burning up in a red tint, you looked up to face a pleased and a relaxed expression glued onto his face. You opened your mouth to say something but quickly stopped, deciding just to enjoy the comfortable silence.

It didn't take long to reach the hotel. Now, you both stood in front of the building's entrance, ready to part ways.

„So this is it, huh?” he commented, sounding pretty disappointed.

„Yeah... Well, thank you so much for today, Russia. I'm forever grateful,” you thanked him, beginning to unwrap his scarf.

„Wait! Don't take it off. Keep it. I heard tomorrow's going to be even colder than today,” he warned, shaking his head.

„But your--” you started but got interrupted by the Russian boy saying „Eh, don't worry about it. I have many more of those, besides I'm far more concerned about your health than some piece of clothing,” he finished, walking up to you „It's a gift from me, so you could always remember that one idiot who got coffee spilt all over his lap,” Russia let out a chuckle, you joined in as well, recalling the comical memory.

Moments after the snickering died out. Russia turned on his heel and began walking away with a shout of a „Goodbye, y/n”. Strangely, the atmosphere around you darkened and felt so cold, empty even. You got attached to his presence, so this sudden parting stung your heart. You began panicking again, you didn't want him to leave, you didn't want to say goodbye and just forget about him. No, this was not happening! So, gathering up enough courage you shouted out for him to hear before it was too late.

„Russia, w-wait!” you squeaked out.

He stopped in his tracks and turned his head to face you, confused a bit. You frantically ran up to him, panting heavily, trying to catch your breath.

„Wa-ait, I-I don't...” you looked at him, exhaustion was written all over your face „I don't... Well, uh, maybe we c-could hang out tomorrow, too? It was so much fun to be with you and... It wouldn't be as memorable without you around...” you trailed off, avoiding his gaze „You d-don't really have to though! It's just... A bit lonely...” you felt a bit pathetic asking and explaining your situation.

Carefully looking up, you were met with a fond smile and two glistening eyes. „Really? You actually liked being with me?” he sounded a bit surprised but glad at the same time.

You modestly nodded, a rosy blush covering your cheeks. Russia didn't say anything back but engulfed you in a warm hug. Freezing in place, your insides felt like they were boiling up with heat, if you could emit steam from your ears, you surely wouldn't see a thing because of it.

„If so, then I'd be more than happy to spend more time with you, y/n. I could wait outside your hotel at 2 pm for a meetup. If that's fine with you?” he stated, hoping for an answer.

You nodded into his embrace making him smile. Staying like that for a few more seconds, the boy parted away and walked off, waving a goodbye. This time he did disappear from your field of vision. Although he was gone, you were still burning up. A strange feeling inside incited heat and made your heart speed up its pace. The anticipation of tomorrow made you restless, wishing for that day to come faster.

- - - - -

A/n: Phew... This took a WHILE to write but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Once again, I'm really thankful for the request! OwO
I really hope it wasn't too short or long, and the amount of fluff satisfied you because the start was a bit... Spicy.
Thank you for reading, you rad beans! Have a great day!