Chapter 22 - Penalty

You were taken to the castle grounds and looked around. You saw all of Canterlot and Ponyville there, with Luna, Celestia, and Cadence standing on a stage. You didn't looked down, keeping your head high as you walked on stage but tripped and fell on the last stair. You heard everyone but the princess and guard laugh at you. 

"Shut up!" You yelled as you stood but it didn't stop. Celestia spread her wings and it became quiet. 

"(y/n), you stand her in chains on betrayal to our kingdom. You also wrote and sent a message to us which I will let Cadence read out loud." Celestia said. Cadence walked up. 

"Dear Equestria, I, King Sombra, wish to let you all know that I have called war upon the land. Dividing the land was a mistake and I will right that mistake. I do not wish to fight, but I will do so if it calls for that but understand this. Any pony that stands in my way will meet there untimely death. King Sombra." Candace said. You heard whisperer in the crowd.  

"Sombra will not win, and you, (y/n), won't have strength." Celestia said. You looked at her.

"How do you know I wrote it?" You asked but you were afraid.

"Twilight knows your writing." She said and walked up to you. 

"(y/n), please. Help us." Celestia whispered. You smiled at you. 

"Looks like your afraid." You said. She sighed. 

"And you choice your path, and it was wrong." Celestia said. You shook your head. 

"No, my path was clear." you said. Celestia Looked at you before looked behind you at the hundreds of ponies. 

"Citizens of Equestria, (y/n) will be striped of her Earth pony as her penalty for betrayal." Celestia announced and lowered her head till her horn touched your forehead. You suddenly felt weak, falling to the ground and the chains became heavy. 

"Release the chains." Celestia said and the guard did. You stood up, but felt like you still had a hundred pounds on your back. 

"You won't get away with this." You said, breathing hard. Cadence walked up.

"No, Sombra won't get away with this. You helped and betrayed us and yet you think you can stop it. You are nothing (y/n)." She said. You growled but knew with out your earth pony strength, she was right. 

"And once Sombra come here, you will never see anything again." Luna said. Your eyes widened. 

"You plan to kill me?" You asked. Celestia shook her head. 

"No, we are going to banish you to the moon for a thousand years." You heard twilight say and turned to see them.

"This is what happens when you betray us." Celestia said. You stood up tall, refusing to cry. 

"But I didn't betray my king." You said. Celestia frowned but the her eyes, along with Cadence and Luna's widened. You turned to see what they were looking at and smiled. 

"Sombra." You said.