~BAD BOY MEETS BAD GIRL~

It was nothing new that I stumbled into the school, half asleep but it wasn't the nightmares that kept me awake this time. It was my missing boyfriend; if I could even call him that. I was just so scared for him.

Neither Seth or Jen was there to accompany me to my locker that day, but I knew that I was a little late than usual. My next place would be the library, which was where I planned on going after I put everything away in my locker. It wasn't long until I was lost in my own thoughts, stuffing everything in its assigned spot as I hurried to grab what I needed for History. I started to bet myself how long it would take before I would pass out in the middle of the lecture, a boring class was always an excellent way to start the day.

"H-Hello." A dark voice mumbled beside me.

I furrowed my brows, pausing. I knew that voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember the last time that I heard it. On the left side of me, I started to feel a strange sense of heat. Almost like someone literally placed a giant heater right beside me.

I turn my head to the left, realizing Paul stood there, playing with the end of his leather jacket.

"Damn, you really are taking the bad boy stereotype to a whole new level." I take in his appearance.

"Yeah," He chuckles awkwardly, looking at me fully now. "So, about last night."

My eyebrows raise, watching him as he stumbled over what to say. "Thank you," He pauses his muttering, looking at me confused. "For letting me rant and for letting me use your legs as a pillow." 

All I could do was stare at him. I knew in my head that this wasn't right, that I shouldn't be having a conversation with Paul, but it didn't feel as...scary as it was before to stand this close to him. I knew he could still murder me if he wanted, but I felt calm. I shouldn't even be talking to him, Jen had the hots for him and I didn't want her thinking that I was trying to take him away. I wasn't in the right mindset for her extremities.

Thankfully I was suddenly saved from this awkward moment, the bell ringing throughout the halls, indicating that it was time for first period. "It was great talking to you," Paul muttered before nodding his head at me. "I'll see you around."

Within the next second, he was gone. But he didn't move fast enough for me to smell how amazing he was as he walked past. I let out a shuddered breath, trying to pull myself back into the world as I glanced around.

It wasn't hard to spot Jennifer running towards me like a mad woman. Her mouth was wide, her eyes showing too much emotion as she came at me with arms wide.

I tried to brace myself, but I didn't really know how to. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak for a moment. I was practically in a trance, clinging onto the vision of reality to bring me back into consciousness.

"Oh. My. God." Jen struggled to keep her voice calm as she looked at me. "Reags, are you okay?" She pulls me into a tight hug, before letting go and looking me directly in the eyes. "I heard about Scott..." She trails off, catching sight of something behind me.

I glance over my shoulder seeing Seth sauntering towards us, a giddy smile on his face.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I shrug as Seth makes it up to us, his smile faltering as he caught sight of Jennifer's grim expression.

"Seth told me you ran out-" 

I cut her off, "Don't worry about it, I'm fine."

I didn't dare tell her the rest, I didn't want her assuming that I deliberately made Paul comfort me.

"Yeah, she ran out." He nods, making my head snap to Seth, who was shoulder to shoulder with Jennifer, despite the obvious height difference. "And she ran to the beach, and I took her home after she calmed down."

I close my eyes, relieved that Seth covered for me. "Yeah, that was it." I turn to my open locker and shut it since I didn't have time to do so.

 I narrowed my eyes at them both, suddenly remembering that the bell for first period rang at least two minutes ago. Time was cutting short to get to History. "Talk to you later," I said skeptically as I walked around Seth, giving him a pat on the shoulder as if to tell him that I would see him later. Jen decided to walk with me, her class being down the same hall.

"Seth, why did you cover for me?" I question as we walk into my house, dropping our bags beside the door.

"Well, you told me that we shouldn't tell Jennifer because you know how jealous she gets." He points out, sliding a chair out for himself at the dining table. 

I shake my head, "You're right, I just don't want her to think I have something to hide. He was just being his non-Paul self, I guess." I shrug. "Maybe Jen changed him."

Seth is the one to shake his head this time. "They aren't even dating."

"I thought they were going out?" I mumble, looking in the fridge for something to snack on.

"Not exclusively, she was telling me how she was going to him to be her boyfriend." He mentions, "She just didn't want to tell you about it because she thought you'd be too sensitive because of Scott."

"Makes sense," I mutter, closing the fridge, giving up on trying to find something to eat. "Speaking of last night-"

"Reagan?" Sam's voice comes from the direction of the stairs. I turn my body to face the stairs, watching as Sam stepped onto the last step before stopping. 

"Hey..." My voice trails off, not looking at him. 

"Hello, Seth," He greets, nodding at Seth who sent a small wave in his direction.

"Are you okay?" Sam's attention was back on mine, "When Paul brought you in you were shivering."

"Wait," My eyes narrowed slightly, thinking of what happened last night. "Paul brought me back?"

Sam's eyebrows raised incredulously. "You expected him to leave you on the beach and let you freeze to death?"

"No, I just," I paused for a minute. "Nevermind," I brush it off. I thought he called Sam or something. I didn't expect him to carry me all the way home, I thought he would at least wake me up.

"Well, I'm meeting Emily for dinner. Don't wait up." I took in his outfit, a nice black dress shirt, and dark jeans. "Be safe, please. When you ran off, I was terrified but I knew you needed space." He stepped over to me, placing a kiss on the top of my head before brushing past me and out the front door that Seth forgot to close.

"So, Paul huh?" Seth grins over at me.

"Shut up."