~ANSWERS~

"Seriously, Sam!" I stormed through the front door, dropping my volleyball bag by the door. Sam looked up at me from Emily's recipe book. Her car was here so she was home. "My best friend of all people!" Tears were welling in my eyes. "You're corrupting all of them!" I sigh as I blink, letting the tears fall freely down my face. It was Sunday, the day after I noticed a sudden tattoo on Embry's shoulder.

"I.." Sam looks down, grimacing.

"Save it!" I snap, kicking off my shoes before walking up the stairs towards my room. I kept a straight face all day but when I got home, everything just..fell apart.

It was too much, first Scott gone, now Embry joining an apparent cult that my own brother started. It was just way too much.

I didn't want to believe that Sam was starting a cult. But, it was getting hard to not believe it. The matching tattoos, the steroids, the random meetups at my house. It was confusing.

I couldn't think so I just collapsed against my closed door, sobbing into my arms. I had no idea what to do. I just felt like my world was crashing down, my head was spinning and my life was out of control.

I walked down the steps slowly, feeling slightly lightheaded after my small crying session. "Sam?" I call out, stepping down to the last step, glancing around the house.

I heard laughter coming from the living room, indicating people were here. I turn around the corner, noticing Sam and Emily cuddling on the couch, eating popcorn.

"Sam?" I call out once again, sniffling. Sam and Emily's heads both turned to me, studying my expression.

Emily looks at Sam knowingly before speaking, "What's up, kiddo?" Her eyes light up as she pulls away from Sam.

"I need some answers," I whisper, playing with my fingers. The TV was playing some old comedy show.

"Reagan.." Sam begged, not wanting to say anything about the matter.

"Don't say that you can't say anything about the issue, Sam." I weakly spoke, not daring to raise my voice. That wouldn't get me anywhere. "You just don't want to tell me. Which is absolutely and utterly confusing. I am your sister, I deserve to know what the hell you're hiding from me."

"Reagan-" Something slammed from behind me, making my whole body jump and turn around.

Jared and Paul came strutting through the living room, reckless smiles on their faces. Jared stops suddenly, reading the room.

"Paul, Jared." Sam nods, greeting the two teenage boys. He looked back over to me, a relieved look on his face.

"Whatever," I scoff, walking over to couch and flopping on it. I reach for the controller and turn it to the news channel to see if anything was updated on the missing person cases.

"You guys sure know how to ruin a party," I mumbled, leaning back into the couch.

"Sorry," My head turns to Paul.

My eyes were slightly wide as I looked over at him, he was...chuckling. It was low and husky, slightly hesitant like he was nervous. And his smile...it caught me off guard for a second. It was sly and cunning, but with a hint of innocence hidden behind it.